Is sherdog rooting for Rockhold or Costa?

I'm sure very few want humiliated, exposed, and "ass-banged in the Octagon" Costa to win. The man brought it all on himself with his foolish behavior, he isn't the kind of fighter that people hate for no apparent reason.

I don't know if Luke has enough left in the tank to beat him, but it would be great if he did.

Costa may never get over getting humped in the Octagon; the psychological scars on his ego will never heal, and he probably will never beat a top fighter again. So a has-been might be a good choice for him to assume his gatekeeper role.

I have a feeling Coasta will hve to bring out the wine excuse after any fight with a quality opponent. Maybe he should film himself drinking wine the night before so he has an excuse prepared.

Last edited:
Rockhold is a littler arrogant but Costa has made himself look bad with some of the stuff he said. He missed weight yet turns it around on Vettori as if he were the one who missed. And the aftermath with Adesanya he came out looking worse even ignoring the wine thing.

I'll go Rockhold also just because I'd rather have big name stick around even if I don't like them. It's better than some random guy taking up the roster.

I just want to see a good scrap but there's a high chance for rockhold to get knocked out.

I may cheer for Rocksalt for the first time ever. That is how much I detest Paula.

I’m pulling for Costa. Sure, he’s a meathead idiot, but the doggystyle he received from Izzy after the KO obviously threw his whole personality and confidence out of whack. It was the ultimate humiliation. I’d like to see him regain some confidence for his own sake.

We've already seen costa vs izzy

I'm intrested to see how rockhold would fair against him.

For that reason i'm rooting for rockhold.

It's crazy how much love Costa had before the Izzy fight. And not that Izzy beat him, it's that he became stupid. From beloved to bizarre.

I’m pulling for Costa. Sure, he’s a meathead idiot, but the doggystyle he received from Izzy after the KO obviously threw his whole personality and confidence out of whack. It was the ultimate humiliation. I’d like to see him regain some confidence for his own sake.
How is a rematch going to help with that? He'll only get humiliated again.

He shouldn't do the rematch anytime soon imo.

I'd like to see old Rocksalt get it since he's local and he was cool to me when I met him at AKA . He's less of a dick in person, which kind of surprised me. I think he just gets way overconfident to cover up his nervousness before fights. Costa's been kind of an idiot lately, so there's that too. I just hope it's a good fight.

<Fedor23>

I hope Costa wins via robbery. Someone call Sal D'Amato, Adelaide Byrd, and Cecil Peoples.

We've already had the satisfaction of seeing Luke get brutally KO'ed. It's time we see him pout and sob over a bad decision.

tumblr_nr6nrjDXq11uz23vko1_r1_250.gif

Rockhold!

Costa's fight (botching) antics have annoyed me a tad.

Rockhold just to shake things up a bit.

I'll be pulling for Rockhold though I think he loses. It's been almost 3 years since he's had a fight. They should do the fight at 205.

I can't believe I'm going to say this

But I'm rooting for Rockhold....I pray the chin is a rock and holds

Never said that he should rematch Izzy, just that I would rather see him win over Rockhold.
My bad, misread you there.

Rockhold suffered a similar experience after the romero ko, he got to make out with the solider of god while he was half awake. Also he's had a rough losing streak all bad kos.

Why not root for him to regain some confidence?

My bad, misread you there.

Rockhold suffered a similar experience after the romero ko, he got to make out with the solider of god while he was half awake. Also he's had a rough losing streak all bad kos.

Why not root for him to regain some confidence?

I just simply dislike Rockhold more than I dislike Costa, and Luke still seems pretty high on himself even after all his losses.

Costa’s Twitter ramblings and self sabotage of his career indicates to me he’s a broken man after the Izzy humiliation.

Back