Is Stargate-1 worth worth getting into ?

Oris79

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With 10 seasons and over 200 episodes, I'm tempted to get into SG-1.
It would be long haul binge, but curious on your thoughts.
I've never been much into Sci-Fi tv series but something about this catches my eye.
Maybe it's because it's got my boy Richard Dean Anderson who I loved as MyGyver.
What say you ?

Stargate_SG-1_cast_minus_Jonas_Quinn.jpg

aint there like 25+ season of this show?

MacGyver was epic :)
Binge has its up and downs. SG-1 was fun at that time but with binging and without pause between eps you really start to notice how different worlds are just different parts of the forest with same vegetation, different village layouts and character names. But funny how everywhere you see same earthly door handles, chairs, screws, even weapon... And its always some agricultural 16-17cent place. They newer hit a super advanced world, that would cost CGI/scene design.

MacGyver was epic :)
Binge has its up and downs. SG-1 was fun at that time but with binging and without pause between eps you really start to notice how different worlds are just different parts of the forest with same vegetation, different village layouts and character names. But funny how everywhere you see same earthly door handles, chairs, screws, even weapon... And its always some agricultural 16-17cent place. They newer hit a super advanced world, that would cost CGI/scene design.
They had one world with red corn lol

I've never been much into Sci-Fi tv series but something about this catches my eye.
Maybe it's because it's got my boy Richard Dean Anderson who I loved as MyGyver.
What say you ?

The chemistry between the cast is amazing, and the humor is solid. The story is episodic but has a grand arc that sees the growth of the Stargate program and human presence in the galaxy.

I'm a huge star trek fan, but I gotta say Stargate SG-1 is my favorite sci-fi show

So is it worth getting into?

KindheartedUntriedCatfish-max-1mb.gif

What say you ?

guauld is good seasons but ori is just stupid

Stargates were once real.

Don't @ me.

Hell yeah! It's a fantastic show.
When it came out i couldn't get into it, however i started looking at it again around 10 years ago and i was hooked!
Also the female in it is great to look at!

Great show.
There are some very boring snd shallow episodes definitely in first season. The lore really gets fun and deep into mythology and politics where earth is basically a backwater problem.
All the actors are great, Jack,Teal'c Daniel and Sam are fun strong characters. Supports are great too Bra'tac and Hammond of Texas! This and star trek tng are my 2 favs of Scifi.
Theres 1 episode you can watch...again...and again...and again.

I watched all the seasons of Stargate SG-1 it was a fun show and there were many interesting concepts and ideas. I wish they had done more episodes about the mirror that led to alternate dimensions.

To me Stargate Atlantis was even better. The special effects were impressive and the cast really fit their roles.

Loved the movie, have never watched an episode, which I am not sure why I never did.
I never watched Babylon 5 or Farscape either. Meanwhile I have watched some lesser known stuff.

Watch the movie then start the show. The main characters continue on (recast) but much of the original actors stick around to reprise their roles. There are several one-off shows, as it's largely episodic at first. The overarching plot is pretty damn epic though, which really ramps up as the seasons progress.

I love the journey from earth being a weak 90's/early 2000's tech nation, to advanced interstellar adventurers.

Stargate Atlantis (my fav of the two) episodes played right after it once season 8 started, so you can start watching that in order of the SG1 episodes, as a few big storylines cross over.

Here's the best watch order

I love the movie and thought the TV show was kind of mediocre. When the show was canceled and picked up by sci-fi Network, things started to go downhill even more imo.

I never watched Babylon 5 or Farscape either. Meanwhile I have watched some lesser known stuff.

I'm so envious, wish I could watch those for the first time again.

Babylon 5 starts out a little rough, but the world building and foreshadowing culminates into multiple incredible payoffs. It caught me off guard how well layered and bananas the scope gets. There are few stories so well told. It was built on a 5 season run, but they weren't sure if they'd be able to do a 5th season, so they crammed everything into S4. Season 5 ends satisfying enough, wrapping up the story, but you can tell they shot their load in S4, it was a big load though... :D

Farscape got cancelled, but it was brought back for a 3 part mini series/big movie. I was a little disappointed in the rushed ending, but the ride to get there is totally worth it. It's such a creative show, and really well shot, there's really nothing like it. Where else have you seen a plant based character have a photosynthesized orgasm from a solar storm lol

Back