Is Stargate-1 worth worth getting into ?

Absolutely. It's a great show and as it's rooted in the here and now it's a lot more relatable. Fun story arcs, great chemistry between the cast and plenty of dry humor that doesn't go over the top. Probably my favorite sci Fi show.

There is some eye candy in Stargate.
Vanessa-Angel-stargate-21307970-852-480.jpg

It hasn't aged well IMO . ButvI was a fan of the Stargate series

I love the show up and down. Find the Showtime version of the pilot if you can.

I really should have added that in my multiple rewatches, S1 of Babylon 5 gets more endearing. I didn't like Sinclair at first, probably because I was expecting Bruce Boxleitner (I watched it many years later). He's a bit wooden, but he really grew on me. Knowing what he was going through (mental health wise) makes you appreciate him more.
I love his call back later on, show kept wowing me with WTF moments

Like the earlier seasons of Deep Space 9 on rewatches, I really enjoy getting immersed into life on their respective stations. After so many drawn out series, that stretch plotlines across too many episodes, I welcome a lot of the episodic stories they tell.

If a show doesn't have a well paced plan to tell their story (goes for most), I'd rather the Babylon 5/DS9 formula, where they have big arcs across multiple episodes, but also pinch foreshadowing of those grander arcs into their many self contained stories. Babylon 5 did it best, was so intriguing.

I also agree of the dark/edginess of so many sci-fi shows. BSG was great, but it spawned a lot of copycats, like Stargate Universe at first.

I would say though besides that I think the show has a very good grasp of its characters, a lot of sci fi shows it tends to take a couple of seasons for a lot of the cast to really hint their stride, TNG era Trek most obviously. I think that helps it pull though season one even when other elements were still being worked on. Although I think actually some of that also ends up interesting, you get to see an alternate Babylon 5 with more of an 80's sci fi setting.

Sinclair does I think make for a different kind of show, he's more of a Picard like enlightened commander from the start were as Sheridan is more a no nonsense military guy, nice enough but not someone who really has wisdom to deal with difficult choices so seeing him learn that I think ends up a lot of the shows appeal.

Generally I tend to think B5 benefits a lot from JMS actually having some quite interesting ideas beyond what we typically see in such sci fi. Dealing with the rise of facism, breaking out of a cycle of conflict, individualism vs collectivism, that mere self sacrifice isnt always enough and that having a stake in the world is needed, etc.

I like most of the Earth missions too.
Martin Lloyd is gold.

Need to get through season 1 and 2 but the show is so good.
Especially the Groundhog Day episode.

I remember it being kind of bad but I still enjoyed it and found myself watching it late at night constantly

I've never seen it and don't regret my decision.

Back