is The Mummy (1999) a near perfect action-Adventure film

I love it, the second was good too. They had that Indiana Jones feel to them which is why I love those two films. The 3rd movie was unnecessary and wayyyy too late.

I would not cal it perfect as the movie has quite a bit of plot holes. However, it is a good action movie that one can rewatch over and over.

Mummy was really awesome when it came out and looks only a bit dated these days. First sequel was pretty damn good too and third has some good moments, though it did not have the same drive as first two.

It probably cracks the top 10. But in a universe containing Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, and Con Air, I would stop shy of calling it "damn near perfect".

Also, prime Rachel Weisz is one of the hottest chicks ever.

Also, for shits and gigs:

It probably cracks the top 10. But in a universe containing Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, and Con Air, I would stop shy of calling it "damn near perfect".

Also, prime Rachel Weisz is one of the hottest chicks ever.

Also, for shits and gigs:

lol one of the points they make is so true. Why torture him in a way that leaves him with a chance of coming back as some sort of god? Why not just torture him some other way that can avoid all that it made no sense. I like this movie but it was not damn near perfect and it wouldn't even be in the top 10.

I absolutely loved this movie as a kid. Super fun and exciting.

i enjoyed Mummy 1 and 2 but just watched it on Netflix couldnt get past the effects they seemed so dated. Compared to stuff like ID4 and Terminator , heck predator which I still watch from time to time. I still enjoyed it though when it first came out.

This is a surprisingly room-temperature take. The sequel could have been the start of a fun franchise, but alas...

Mummy is one of those honest saturday morning matinee throwbacks they don't seem to know how to make anymore.
I saw the NUN last week and it came off more as a poor man's Mummy rather than an actual horror film that was supposed to be connected to the Conjuring

Honestly I felt the original was a pretty bland film that depended way too much on CGI to sell it and things went downhill badly from there.

Besides Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, the first Men in Black and Gladiator the late 90's and early 00's were a pretty terrible era for blockbuster cinema IMHO.

Back