Is the Sopranos the best series to ever air on television?

Is the Sopranos the best series to ever air on television?

• Total voters

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
I was looking for something to crash out to the other night so I threw on an episode of the Sopranos on HBO GO. Now I'm hooked on it again. This would be my 4th time around watching this series if I finish it. It still holds up to imo.

Imo some of the best television came out of the 2000's and the first half of the 2010's. Not every show is guilty of it and it's not necessarily a bad thing, but all of the unorganic diversity and political undertones tend to make me cringe with the way some of these newer shows are being produced.

I guess it's not a bad time to re-watch this though, as the prequel movie "The Many Saints of Newark" will be dropping on HBO in the fall. I believe they even got Gandolfini's kid (who looks just like him) to play a young Tony Soprano in it.

Meh. I watched the whole series. I found it mostly boring.

it's definitely up there.

also, coming soon

I was looking for something to crash out to the other night so I threw on an episode of the Sopranos on HBO GO. Now I'm hooked on it again. This would be my 4th time around watching this series if I finish it. It still holds up to imo.

Imo some of the best television came out of the 2000's and the first half of the 2010's. Not every show is guilty of it and it's not necessarily a bad thing, but all of the unorganic diversity and political undertones tend to make me cringe with the way some of these newer shows are being produced.

I guess it's not a bad time to re-watch this though, as the prequel movie "The Many Saints of Newark" will be dropping on HBO in the fall. I believe they even got Gandolfini's kid (who looks just like him) to play a young Tony Soprano in it.
Amazing show but sopranos<all in the family.

I can see how somebody would think that. I've always gravitated to slower paced movies though. Don't get me wrong I like a good blow em up action movie, but I prefer good dialog and psychology over it. I can understand how that wouldn't be everybody's bag though.

When ever I hear the HBO music I automatically hear the Sopranos theme tune.

So that's 86 episodes at 50 minutes a time = 71 hours and 40 minutes = 20 minutes short of 3 days.
Who the hell would spend that much time watching a tv show that they found boring?

I barely watch 2 episodes of something I find boring, often it's not even 1 episode that I get through and it's certainly not 3 entire days of it.

When ever I hear the HBO music I automatically hear the Sopranos theme tune.

the best best show of all time - nothing even comes close

extremely underrated in it's absolutely amazing comedic value

The Office is my choice.
giphy.gif

Definitely not. Good show, but nowhere near the best.

I can't get through it. I started like 5 years ago and made it like 8 episodes and quit. I started again maybe 9 months ago and made it through 2 seasons. It just doesn't grab me. Maybe it just feels dated. I don't know. I can't stand the whole constantly having Tony talk to the doctor. I wish that wasn't even part of the show.
It's kind of slow to me. Though just writing this now....I think I'll go back and see if I can finish it up.

Rewatched it in January and yes, it's up there. There's only a few series that match it.

I can't get through it. I started like 5 years ago and made it like 8 episodes and quit. I started again maybe 9 months ago and made it through 2 seasons. It just doesn't grab me. Maybe it just feels dated. I don't know. I can't stand the whole constantly having Tony talk to the doctor. I wish that wasn't even part of the show.
It's kind of slow to me. Though just writing this now....I think I'll go back and see if I can finish it up.

my favorite show of all time but I agree with you the melfi/tony stuff is at time slow and painful

Back