Is the UFC going downhill?

Viper2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sure seems like it. I wonder if it will be a much smaller organization in 5 years time with a much smaller viewership.

Opinions?

Discuss.

It will be the indy promotion for Bellator in 5 years when a bunch of NDAs come out regarding the UFC and Dana.

Dana will retire in lieu of the allegations.

Pride was better

It will be the indy promotion for Bellator in 5 years when a bunch of NDAs come out regarding the UFC and Dana.

Dana will retire in lieu of the allegations.

Pride was better

PRIDE was better for sure sir.

I think for sure they have over saturated their product to where the events dont all feel like big deals anymore. As long as they get ESPN advertising them they will be fine

I've been watching since UFC 1 and I only catch the more stacked cards nowadays. Too many watered down cards with up and comers that I don't care enough about to do my homework on each fighter. IMO Pride was alot better back in the day, hell WWF was a lot better than WWE. I guess that's why they say the good ole days. Wish I could venture back to then.

They have the talent, and good presentation. So long as they have that I'll be watching

But they have too many people on the roster, this will be problematic in the coming years

Also the commentary is crap, DC has no boom or fanfare to his voice. Neither does anybody else, Goldy did

Sure seems like it. I wonder if it will be a much smaller organization in 5 years time with a much smaller viewership.

Opinions?

Discuss.

If you look at the actual data not only is UFC bigger than it ever was— their first billion dollar year and increased viewership across the globe— all sign point to the company continuing to true steadily

It’s been declining since 2013, but the WME purchase really accelerated it. #thankshollywood

I've been watching since UFC 1 and I only catch the more stacked cards nowadays. Too many watered down cards with up and comers that I don't care enough about to do my homework on each fighter. IMO Pride was alot better back in the day, hell WWF was a lot better than WWE. I guess that's why they say the good ole days. Wish I could venture back to then.

Since UFC 1?

All Sherdoggers been watching since 1965.

Since UFC 1?

All Sherdoggers been watching since 1965.
Bruh I remember watching Madea teaching bjj to some Gracie fellas. Also I remember some dude named rickson, he was 0-0 at the time, but apparently amassed some crazy win streak.

Go look at the MW rankings and try to believe the "sport has evolved" cliche. We are definitely in a dip period (especially considering how inactive "top" guys are in modern day) but mma will stick around until combat sports are inevitably banned when they see the long-term effects suffered by veterans.

Even a legend like Nogueira is only 46 years old ffs... the sport is very young and we don't even know 1% about CTE that we will eventually know.

Back