Is the UFC testing Conor McGregor's draw?

That would be a ball draining UFC on ESPN card tbh. The PPV is borderline dogshit for me. Dana is a sneaky guy, there's a win, win for The UFC and ESPN regardless of the outcome of the main event. I'll be watching for free at the local Twin Peaks who airs all UFC PPVs free of cover

I actually like the card. It's definitely not for the casual but theres alot of solid fights. Lemme guess, you're one of the "the UFC is in the decline" or "ever since the ESPN deal, the cards are *enter whatever unoriginal word to end my unoriginal statement*" So many other things to discuss but These threads just never seem to die out i guess. So lame

Conor fanboys expect any card Hes on to be record breaking. So if this card doesn’t do 2m PPV buys, his star powering is dying and his nuthuggers on suicide watch.

Can't expect it to be stacked, the UFC literally made this card solely because Conor wanted to return January 18th

Still will be the highest selling PPV of the ESPN era, which is pretty sad tbh
Notice how more people are talking about the khabib fight then the Conor fight? I feel like the negative press did a number on his casual fans

The card is garbage but they have all these other fighters on the roster they have to pay and that's why they're on it plus they think it might help get people to notice them, minus Pettis of course, who is already well established.

UFC 246 card is absolute DOG SHIT.

I wonder if Dana is curious to see the numbers Conor pulls in on this dog shit card before Dana has him headline some amazing event 5-6 months later, stacked from top to bottom.

Thoughts?

P.S. this card is DOG SHIT.

Are you kidding me?!?!?!!?!?!????

This card also features the Happy Warrior and the Ezekiel choke guy

They should be charging a hundo for this card.

UFC 246 card is absolute DOG SHIT.

I wonder if Dana is curious to see the numbers Conor pulls in on this dog shit card before Dana has him headline some amazing event 5-6 months later, stacked from top to bottom.

Thoughts?

P.S. this card is DOG SHIT.

it common for conor fight cards. the only reason ufc 205 was so called loaded cause it was the first fight in ny. did you see how awful ufc 229 was as well.

Probably, they're trying to knock him down a peg since he's had them over a barrel for a few years.
He's been tyingt to use his star power as a bargaining chip hoping to get shares of the company and holding ooutfor a 165lb division.

Meanwhile UFC/WME is doing their best to say "look we have these news 'stars' now, we don't NEED you."

Never been a conrad fan but loved seeing em stick it to uncle Dana, they created a monster and went on a rampage.

{<jordan}

you must not of looked at all the other conor cards.

I actually like the card. It's definitely not for the casual but theres alot of solid fights. Lemme guess, you're one of the "the UFC is in the decline" or "ever since the ESPN deal, the cards are *enter whatever unoriginal word to end my unoriginal statement*" So many other things to discuss but These threads just never seem to die out i guess. So lame

You guessed wrong. I've never said anything even remotely close to that as my posting history will prove. You should stick to pretending you're not a casual and leave the guessing to someone else.

The reasoning is this: if Conor loses, that's bad for business. They understand he needs a tune up fight, but if he loses, they would rather it be to another star or rising star, not a washed up cowboy with few fans.

So they want to minimize the fan viewership on this one (except from Conor fans since they'll always tune in). If he loses, they still have another Nate fight left to schedule. If he wins, Khabib is the big fight with big $$.

At least post the goddamn card you useless idiot.

They are trying to see if Conor still has his groove or not. This fight will obviously dictate the rest of his career or what's left of it.

They just did the same thing with Joanna. She got it back with a lot of hard fucking work and getting rid of toxic people around her. A lot of people thought she was washed.

Has Conor rid his dogshit "friends"? I see some hard work but dunno what his personal situation is.

Lets see if Conor is washed or not.

Love him or hate him, this weak card will sell better than any event this year.

I don't really get the point of what you're saying. Conor IS a big draw, nothing to test here
I dont think it does better than khabib vs tony with Conor being gone so long. Its early in the year being in January, and we could have Conor khabib 2 or conor vs nate 2 or mastival...all of which would beat him vs cowboy. Khabib vs gsp would top it. Maybe even dc vs stipe 3. Point is, cowboy is a fan favorite sure, but there are lots of possibilities that would definitely outsell any cowboy fight. Even a conorless bmf 2 or masti vs nick would likely outsell it.

The card looks excellent and it's not even finalised yet, they'll probably add a big co-main fight

Back