Social Is there something wrong with Jordan Peterson?

Do you agree with his explanation?

• Total voters
I clearly did respond.

how bout I be more clear:

fatasses shouldnt be paraded as sex symbols

sports illustrated shouldnt have done that

i disagree strongly. its not about glorifying fat people. its about acceptance that some people have problems (like you have) but that these manifest as eating disorders and that while yes those people can and should work those problems out (a process that may take a lifetime like it will with YOU) in the meantime they need to be able to express without guilt or shame their sexuality and love for life without being abused and shamed by society (as you do).

we are just talking here about charity towards our fellow human beings and enough humility to understand that we fare no better in other areas.

Imagine being so upset about what someone else decides to do to themselves. I seriously wonder how people who comment like this get through life. You should probably listen to a few of his speeches and calm down bud, hes got some good advice for you.
i would not look to peterson as a guide to calming down frankly. its his emotionalism and outbursts that turned me off from an initial warm reception to his work in psychology. he needs to clean his own room imo figuratively and literally.

i would not look to peterson as a guide to calming down frankly. its his emotionalism and outbursts that turned me off from an initial warm reception to his work in psychology. he needs to clean his own room imo figuratively and literally.
Some people play sports and some coach...it doesnt make his statements about personal responsibility any less true. I dont really care if he practices what he preaches. That effects his own life not mine.

Some people play sports and some coach...it doesnt make his statements about personal responsibility any less true. I dont really care if he practices what he preaches. That effects his own life not mine.
thats fine if you feel that way. thats a personal choice you and only you have to make.

ive found that the unhealed healer is only useful for surface advice and cannot transmit what they do not have and worse seem to transmit what they have and a lot of that is baggage. id rather deal with someone who is much further along the path of life. someone like thomas keating has more to give in his little finger than peterson has in his whole body and there is nothing... not even a little vitriol or projection, in his teachings to poison the mix.

I am guessing someone has found and posted the prior Twitter post by Jordan where he was lamented how 'Mean' people are on the internet and how they should not feel a need to comment on everything and if they do not have something nice to say they should shut up.

Strange he would take this move when his prior comments are out there.
his hypocrisy knows no bounds. and his denial keep him from seeing it.

Yup. Imagine saying this woman is unfuckable or ugly. Peterson is and always was an ignorant ratcatcher. He's no more intellectual than Rogan or as much as Schaub is a comedian.
Jordan in his younger days, on the old Sherdog...

TapoutKid.jpg

The woman is significantly overweight. I don't mind people criticizing obesity because it is a choice.

Never mind how idiotic it is to promote something that severely strains healthcare and contributes to scarcity.

If I was single and didn’t have a family to support it would have been different. It’s been a while since I’ve been selfish piece of shit.
I have a wife and daughter. The shot was an unnecessary risk being administered by a distrustful government who had waived all accountability if something goes wrong for the treated individual. Selfish has nothing to do with it, thats not a fair risk and theres more than one job in the world. You compromised your principles for the shot, its just the truth. My wife and i didn't and never would. Different kind of folks, you know ones who stand for the things they believe even if its uncomfortable. Not excuse making bend over and do what we are told folks.

Imagine paying to look at something you could see 40-50 times on any single trip to the store, anywhere in the world.

The whole point of photographing hot women and selling it is because they're generally "rare". You can argue that they're all fake anyway and you may be right, but it still doesn't remove the embarrassing reality that you've been conned into paying for, and white-knighting, average.

rofl

She's related to Steve and Devon aoki, interesting fact.

This by far isn't even the worst case of the plus size models on magazine covers trend. This chick is pretty much on the line of what I would call fat. Solid and chubby yes but not at all blatantly obese.

Peterson is shooting himself in the foot here. If it were this particular magazine cover it would have been justified:
WMC_FBomb_Tess_Holliday_Cosmopolitan_UK_Facebook_92818.jpg
Be nice bro. She survived anorexia! Lol

A few days ago he made a comment about a plus size model who got put on the cover of Sport Illustrated

While I get where he's coming from and don't really think that woman is attractive enough to be on the cover, I just thought it came off kind of nasty and immature the way Jordan Peterson worded it. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't lose a little bit of respect for him after that

He then got lots of backlash because of his comments then posted another series of tweets about how bad twitter is for people and that he will be stepping away, yet he's continued posting. I'm seriously wondering about the guy's mental health now and if he's developed another addiction

He's just drumming up his base to remain relevant so he can sell them more psychobabble snakeoil.

Look her up. She's fucking enormous. Pretty though, if nowhere near her potential if she lost half her mass. Chick is in morbidly obese territory without question.

I get what JP is doing by calling bullshit on gaslighting in media, but something as subjective as beauty isn't where he should be drawing the line. Could have called out the fact that SI put a dangerous unhealthy person on their cover instead of how he worded it. Be more specific, in other words. I doubt he'd have said something similar if it was Sarah Jessica Parker on the cover.
She survived anorexia, sir! Show some shine on her name!

I have a wife and daughter. The shot was an unnecessary risk being administered by a distrustful government who had waived all accountability if something goes wrong for the treated individual. Selfish has nothing to do with it, thats not a fair risk and theres more than one job in the world. You compromised your principles for the shot, its just the truth. My wife and i didn't and never would. Different kind of folks, you know ones who stand for the things they believe even if its uncomfortable. Not excuse making bend over and do what we are told folks.
I played the numbers. I don’t think the vaccine posed a risk nearly as great as going unemployed in a historical with no precedent pandemic and relying on a government that doesn’t care for tax payers and higher earners.

Back