Is this is the beginning of the end of Jones' era?

Certainly didn't look good...his refusal to grapple was very confusing too...just a guess but from how he limped out I wonder if he was more badly injured to his leg than he let on..

Jones was pulsing diagonally instead of straight up.

He'll be better in his next fight.

Yes, but it might be slowly, similar to Anderson. Like you kinda suspect it but it’s not obvious until it happens.

The second DC fight is the best he has ever looked and that was pretty recently. Although a decline can happen quickly and I do think he has declined, I think that Jon is saving his best against his most dangerous opponents. Smith, Santos etc. are no real threat to him, or so he thinks. If he faces a DC again he will be fighting at a much higher level again.

Jones is a very intelligent fighter, he knew exactly how much he needed to do to get the win. He is always cautious but at the same time puts in the effort when he needs to. It's one of the reasons hes been the champ for so long and taken so little damage.

Yes. I believe he will lose his next fight. He probably had less picograms in his system his last two fights. He has even less striking power than he had before and his striking defense is not very good. He is extremely hittable and he wasn't checking the low kicks. His ground game is his only hope for the future, but without his picograms, he is struggling to impose his wrestling.

Its crazy this guy outwrestled Cormier.

He is not the same.

The second DC fight is the best he has ever looked and that was pretty recently. Although a decline can happen quickly and I do think he has declined, I think that Jon is saving his best against his most dangerous opponents. Smith, Santos etc. are no real threat to him, or so he thinks. If he faces a DC again he will be fighting at a much higher level again.

You mean the fight that he got busted for PEDs on?

{<huh}

Hes gonna start just doing enough to win now

Anderson had some really shit fights too. The Leites and Maia fights comes to mind. He was still able to hang onto the belt for a while and I think the same will happen with Jones.

He also tested positive for that fight and the scheduled UFC200 bout and was punished both those times officially.

So by saving his best u mean taking new PEDS just for Cormier?

He's lost plenty of rounds and been in close fights before. Gus, D.C. and Santos all fought him more or less even. It wouldn't have been a robbery for Jones to have lost one or more of those.

MMA fans put too much weight on the outcome when evaluating a fighter. Jones hasn't been a particularly dominant champion and is nowhere near the GOAT, even ignoring the cheating. With different judges on any given night, he has two losses and just moved back to ranked #5 or so.

He's about to turn 32 years old and has been fighting for 10 years. The decline is beginning. He looked slow, sloppy, tired and only showed flashes of the old Jones in round 4. Outside of Gus (who gave up) and DC getting head kicked, Jones has been a decision machine recently.

One thing going in his favor is LHW is at its worst in history. It's still going to take someone talented to beat him and outside of Walker and maybe Reyes (who I don't is ready off the Volkan fight), he's fairly safe for now.

I doubt it sometimes guys just don't show up on their A game. Georges and Anderson had a few uninspired wins against lesser competition during their reigns too

You mean the fight that he got busted for PEDs on?

{<huh}

He also tested positive for that fight and the scheduled UFC200 bout and was punished both those times officially.

So by saving his best u mean taking new PEDS just for Cormier?

So fruitcakes, you claim Jones is on PEDS in every fight since then but when it's convenient to your agenda he was only using in the DC rematch. got it.

So fruitcakes, you claim Jones is on PEDS in every fight since then but when it's convenient to your agenda he was only using in the DC rematch. got it.

The fight was literally overturned because he got busted for PEDs, you nuthugging moron.

No. He still only turns 32 in a few days. Still younger than most at LHW and HW. Just an off night. Jones has not taken much damage in his career either. That chin as we saw last night still 100% iron..

The fight was literally overturned because he got busted for PEDs, you nuthugging moron.

And you claim he's been "pulsing" for every single fight since, you complete and utter contradicting cretin. You're not gonna get away with your cherrypicking BS.

lol calling someone a fruitcake while u are D-riding Jones’ Bone.

And you claim he's been "pulsing" for every single fight since, you complete and utter contradicting cretin. You're not gonna get away with your cherrypicking BS.

I don't claim that.

USADA does.

They also claimed that he was on PEDs for the Cormier fight.

These are actually both facts and they do not contradict. You just have Jones's dick stuck in your gullet.

Back