Media Is this why Alex Pereira hits so hard? - Firas Zahabi on Alex Pereira

Not only did Dempsey say to land with the pinky he said to land with the 3 bottom knuckles.

Also after the punch lands look at the force in wick Alex turns his elbow over. You can see the transfer of power. Also with his hooks he uses and upwards projection that gives him more rotational movement in tight.

i don't get why Firas is so obssessed on how the punch landed. he's really acting like Pereira meant to punch him with his pinky? it's a fight my dude, he's trying to land with ANY part of his fist.

is he going to analyze the Rothwell KO of Schaub and obssess over how Rothwell KO'd him with a closed fist bitch slap?

i thought it was interesting until he said he'll have to go back and watch footage to see if he lands ALL his KO's with his pinky... lmao
Elbow position determines what part of the knuckle lands. Periera knew what punch he wanted land, what part of the knuckle landed had already been determined.

It's the power from Alex's Ass and Legs... dude was designed by God for fighting. Watch how walks around in the cage. Not like how a normal human walks.
The years of swing a sledge hammer when tyre fitting no doubt help forge the kinetic movement and weight transfer for KO power.

Elbow position determines what part of the knuckle lands. Periera knew what punch he wanted land, what part of the knuckle landed had already been determined.

he must've calculated the wind viscosity of the arena too
math-zack-galifianakis.gif

I don't think Firas sucks but he hasn't had any noteworthy fighters since GSP and Rory. You can credit him for Rory I guess but GSP would have succeeded anywhere. And the fact GSP went to another gym to develop his fight strategy says it all. I think Firas is on the same level as John Kavanagh.

His hands are enormous is a big help to carrying power in his shots. Same idea as swinging a hammer with a bigger heavier head on it. It's going to follow through a lot more of the power. It's the same reason Carwins power carried so heavy. His hands were huge so even just flicking his hand out there with his 290lb frame would shake people to the core.

Watching that replay I think the two biggest factors in the KO are 1) Pereira just hits really hard in general, regardless of what part of his hand lands, and 2) Hill's head was moving forward when he got hit, because he was throwing at the same time, so that added to the force, even if it appeared to be a glancing blow from other angles.

With all due respect to Firas and Jack Dempsey, I doubt which knuckle the punch lands with is really that big of a factor. If Pereira's hand was bent at all when he threw that hook that would negate Zahabi's theory anyway.

I don't think Firas sucks but he hasn't had any noteworthy fighters since GSP and Rory. You can credit him for Rory I guess but GSP would have succeeded anywhere. And the fact GSP went to another gym to develop his fight strategy says it all. I think Firas is on the same level as John Kavanagh.

almost every Firas student has a good jab though. Kavanagh is a jiujitsu coach whose best student is a striker lol...

I think that Pareira is a bit like Wilder in that what looks like a graze on a non critical area leaves the guy consciousless on the floor as if he got shot in the head.

WHile that last punch was like that, typically Pereira doesn t do that. He hits without too much acceleration with perfect alignment and weight transfer and what looks like a small punch is like a piston and transfers a fuck ton of power without too much velocity.

Some of you may laugh at me for saying that but i feel like Pereira s 1 2 3 during his entrance displays these qualities. It's slow but it looks like it could crack open a door.
A detail I have noticed on Pereiras KO shots, particularly his hook:

The alignment between:

A) his elbow
B) his fist and
C) his target

is generally PERFECT.

then from there, if you drew a line through those 3 points, they would be 90 degrees from his arm and in that same right angle, you would find the rotation of his hips and torso.

Or in less words:

the form of his left hook is PERFECT.

AKA:
The kickboxing master has got elite striking fundamentals.

almost every Firas student has a good jab though. Kavanagh is a jiujitsu coach whose best student is a striker lol...

To be fair, he's also a karate guy. He may have influenced Conor's earlier style

Here Alex is explaining how his left hook works. (At 2:19 min mark)

At the end it is simply boxing fundamentals. Hit rear hand, hit rear hand, feint rear hand, hit lead hand (hook, cross whatever).....

Here Alex is explaining how his left hook works. (At 2:19 min mark)

At the end it is simply boxing fundamentals. Hit rear hand, hit rear hand, feint rear hand, hit lead hand (hook, cross whatever).....

It s funny how this nina drama girl shoots above her looks in terms of sex appeal. She has a 5 face and a 7 body but I want to fuck her like an 8+.

A detail I have noticed on Pereiras KO shots, particularly his hook:

The alignment between:

A) his elbow
B) his fist and
C) his target

is generally PERFECT.

then from there, if you drew a line through those 3 points, they would be 90 degrees from his arm and in that same right angle, you would find the rotation of his hips and torso.

Or in less words:

the form of his left hook is PERFECT.

AKA:
The kickboxing master has got elite striking fundamentals.
ANother somehow overlooked part of Alex s technique is weight transfer. If you see his footwork, he is constantly making tiny adjustment in terms of distance and weight transfer and when hits it s typically with very sound distance and weight transfer.

It s funny how this nina drama girl shoots above her looks in terms of sex appeal. She has a 5 face and a 7 body but I want to fuck her like an 8+.
Yes... sexy body, sexy leggings and a cute face from a relative distance (view of point). Imagine she becomes FAT (watch vid and imagine her face from a closer look.... not far away in terms of time :eek:

<lol>

Nonetheless... she has inner beauty named: Charming, sex appeal, classic female behaviour.... and this will not fade away from her. fckable for life :cool:
Good Girl 🤘

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back