Media Is this why Alex Pereira hits so hard? - Firas Zahabi on Alex Pereira

because in 1/X amount talent. he started kickboxing at 23 too;

I read that Dempsey book a long time ago and its a huge point of contention even between coaches in the same gym -but its def the minority opinion. Either way, Alex's extremely dense bone structure helps alot with solidifying that power

silva-weidman.gif

Would this count as a Mexican hook? :eek:

Because he know how to put his weight into his punches unlike tons of mma fighters.

No need boring Firas to explain that. This guy is Canadian Chael always saying stuff in circle even though it can be explained in 2 minutes.

Shovel hook is more of an uppercut motion sir.
Hmm. I was taught that it was like a liver shot. So when you take a fist and aim it at the lower rib cage at an angle of follow through toward the opposite shoulder.

Maybe I need to rewatch the motion and angle of the strike.

Because he know how to put his weight into his punches unlike tons of mma fighters.

No need boring Firas to explain that. This guy is Canadian Chael always saying stuff in circle even though it can be explained in 2 minutes.

I always thought of him as Canadian Danaher, but he's much more concise than John.

John would spend the first 10 minutes making you answer the question of "why" we even need to punch the guy before going into the philosophy of "how" we're going to do it.

Shovel hook is more of an uppercut motion sir.
You are right. Poatan did not use a shovel hook as can be seen on this video, but he is also not throwing the punch the motion Firas is demonstrating, but he looks to be correct on the knuckles.

Poatan throws a shovel hook or “Mexican hook” which is sort of inbetween a hook and uppercut, and it has a little bit more range than a normal hook

He hit Jamahal with the pinky knuckle which many would say is incorrect but Firaz quotes Jack Dempsey in explaining that the pinky runs linear with your forearm and so hitting with it can generate more power than the front knuckles

Back