Is Volk done?

JustBreed

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Fair bit of talk amongst MMA media about this probably being the beginning of a steep decline for Volk. What have you, Sherbros?

My take: too early to tell. His aura has been shattered though. If Topuria wins, I don't think he gets his belt back.

Would add a poll but I don't know how.

And no, I haven't seen a thread on this specific topic.

Agree with post above mine that we don't know if he's done but what we do know or can safely assume IMO is that his best days are behind him. He's 35 years old in the FW division and just got brutally KO'd.

No
He is not done.

No idea and not sure why people are pretending that they do. What I do know is that in the fight before this he absolutely wrecked the interim champion in his division so I'd say it's a little early to be writing him off.

LOL Yair Emmett was one of the most fraudulent "interim title" fights ever in a list of pathetic ones.

They were like the 5th and 6th best fighters in division at best fighting for a "belt"

Fair bit of talk amongst MMA media about this probably being the beginning of a steep decline for Volk. What have you, Sherbros?

My take: too early to tell. His aura has been shattered though. If Topuria wins, I don't think he gets his belt back.

He'll lose his next 2/3, he wont be the next TFerg but he's done

LOL Yair Emmett was one of the most fraudulent "interim title" fights ever in a list of pathetic ones.

They were like the 5th and 6th best fighters in division at best fighting for a "belt"

I think Yair is probably behind Volk and Max on a level with Arnold and Topuria. I think Ilia is better than him but he needs to prove me right by at least being more competitive with Volk than Yair was.

Is he done? Psychology can be weird, I'll give you that. And yeah, he's a little old.

But let's not turn MMA into boxing. We want a sport where people can lose now and again without everybody immediately writing them off. He took a fight on extremely short notice against one of the greatest in the world. Until I see different that's what it is. And that ain't so bad.

I still think Islam is just that good and Volk will still be dominant at FW, but he's no spring chicken at 35 so there is a bit of worry there.

He's at the age where nearly all fighters steeply decline. And he's at a lower weight class where the numbers are even worse against him. If he won 2-3 more fights at Featherweight it would be unbelievable and one of the biggest accomplishments in the entire sport when compared to everyone else who fought at championship levels at age 35 and up.

Mentally he may be. He won't be competing for mma mount Rushmore anymore. It will be to collect paychecks.

He lost on short notice to arguably the best fighter in the ufc right now and who also had a huge weight advantage. He won the first fight and is still dominating everyone at FW

I’m done reading this thread.
paddy boy O' Paddy boy where do ye wander.... upon a thread in the night this paddy did falter.... a bit wee was his patience, when he stumbled into the thread.... for he had a fat body, and a tiny ass head.... paddy boy O' paddy boy read not past this point... for my brain cells are all gone, and im smoking a joint

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back