Is Whitaker's chin compromised?

Matt Brown's Elbow

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Had two absolute wars with Romero, where he was dropped multiple times, got KO'd by Izzy and most recently KO'd by DDP. DDP ain't exactly known for starching guys like he did to Whitaker. I'm a little worried Bobby Knuckles has been in too many wars and the damage is starting to show. What do you think sherbros? Do you agree? If not comment and tell me your opinion.

I think it has been compromised somewhat but even more so, I think his speed has been hurt more than his chin. I'm a big fan of Bobby Knuckles but I think we're seeing him become more of a high end gatekeeper which isn't a bad thing. His next fight should tell us how much he has left in the tank. Assuming Paulo shows up that is.

It was clealry compromised after Romero 2. He never had chin problems at MW until after that fight. It's a testament to how skilled he is how many victories and good performances he's had learning how to fight around being chinny. DDP's awkward as shit and it's something you can't plan for, so he got clipped. In the Cannonier fight he didn't even get hit that hard in the 3rd round and was already panick clinching, I think he knows that his chin isn't the best.

Had two absolute wars with Romero, where he was dropped multiple times, got KO'd by Izzy and most recently KO'd by DDP. DDP ain't exactly known for starching guys like he did to Whitaker. I'm a little worried Bobby Knuckles has been in too many wars and the damage is starting to show. What do you think sherbros? Do you agree? If not comment and tell me your opinion.
Next dude stepping in against Rob is getting slept very hard.

When you have 7 children, father time comes faster

Love whittaker but his style has become more wonderboy & mvp.
Weird bouncing in sideways stances.

He needs a new trainer / camp,
in the way Nick Diaz needed a different wrestling coach/camp.

As for his "chin" ... it is more like he moves into heavy punches.
How much this has destroyed his recovery and improvements,
is starting to show.

He simply needs to stop jumping into the pocket.

DDP had a 95% finish rate heading into his last fight. he's absolutely known to obliterate people.

Rob's chin been a paper cup since the rematch with yoel, I've always noticed he gets put on shakey legs anytime he's hit clean.

however, he's got good footwork and he's elusive. Which is why it doesn't show often.
I think it has been compromised somewhat but even more so, I think his speed has been hurt more than his chin. I'm a big fan of Bobby Knuckles but I think we're seeing him become more of a high end gatekeeper which isn't a bad thing. His next fight should tell us how much he has left in the tank. Assuming Paulo shows up that is.

If he struggles with costa, At all, He's lost a step.

Of course it is. Everyone who's 33
Maybe. He needs to work on moving in and out of the pocket more than anything.

He put on a masterclass clinic with Jacare. It was a thing of beauty.

Of course, he had less to fear from Jacare's kickboxing than Israel, Gastelum, Vettori, DDP, Cannonier, and Romero....

But damn, that was almost 7 years ago.

He’s starting to slow down probably. And has a hands down style where his defenses relies on movement and positioning as he darts in and out. He’s getting caught off guard and out of position more. And since his chin is naturally exposed from that style he’s getting hurt.

Of course it is. Everyone who's 33

He put on a masterclass clinic with Jacare. It was a thing of beauty.

Of course, he had less to fear from Jacare's kickboxing than Israel, Gastelum, Vettori, DDP, Cannonier, and Romero....

But damn, that was almost 7 years ago.
Get the fuck outta here. That would mean that I'm old now.

Bobby's style has gotten up with him. He always jumps into the pocket trying to throw wild hooks. That makes him vulnerable to counters.

This style works when your speed and reaction are top notch. But with age those are the first things to go. It reminds me Fedor's striking. Once he was not the fastest, he started getting dropped often and lost his chin.

Back