Is woke gender labelling bigoted? I think it might be.

-----
Move to war room if you like, it's not politics I'm posting about and I consider it intelligent discussion, which is supposedly Mayberry content.
-----

So a friend of mine I've not seen for a while told me her 8yr old son was non binary, I said nothing, it was a non sequitur so I carried on with the conversation and let her be. But it irritated me so I decided to think about it and work out why, this is my hypothesis:

So I think that people who are describing anyones gender as different from birth sex are bigoted. Because they are holding the unreasonable belief that people cannot experience feelings that we consider related to the gender that does not conform with their birth sex.

It is normal for some men to feel nurturing towards babies, or to enjoy gossiping. It is also normal for some women to enjoy combat sports and to fix motor cars. Doing these things or identifying with aspects of the other gender does not make them a different gender, it's just aspects of the diversity of the human experience.

So, gender woke people are bigots, yes?
I've always felt that this is the case.

It used to be that if boys didn't conform to macho stereotypes society would try to change their personalities. Now they try to change their bodies.

There’s always an UNO reverse card to be played

Besting your opponent with their own petard

People say we are in trouble now and we might be but the 80's were way gayer

You got irritated by someone's 8 year old kid who isn't affecting your life in anyway.

Sounds like a you problem rather than a woke problem

You got irritated by someone's 8 year old kid who isn't affecting your life in anyway.

Sounds like a you problem rather than a woke problem
No, the kid's fun, he's amusing. It was my friend just out of nowhere saying he was non binary that had me non plussed. I thought about why that irked me that a ostensibly regular if slightly on the spectrum kid was getting their gender labeled and I came up with my reasoning that you read.

Ignore the word woke if you like, it's all language that people become more or less annoyed with as they ascribe it meaning.

Back