Is Yair Rodriguez The Best Striker at 145?

Yeh, he smashed Stephens, but again, that isn't saying much. Stephens is a very basic striker with a limited moveset who mostly just relies on power. Stephens made him look good.

You can see improvement for sure regardless of comp, but in Yair's case it doesn't really seem to be anything remarkable.

How do you put him above the others in the division? Max beat him in the striking easily, KZ was a better striker despite losing.

Being wild and dangerous doesn't mean he's a good striker. If it did, well then Volk is clearly one of the worst strikers in the division. Being effective is what matters, which is what Volk excels at.
Who has smashed stephens like that though. Only kattar

If we're posting like idiots, I guess Olives cheated with the glove grab and had to panic wrestle after being hurt by Dustin numerous times, lol.

I love how he taunted Max's claim to being best boxer (which was just because people were saying it was Kattar and he boxed his head off)...

When Yair was doing well in the striking battle by mixing it up and kicks...

Imho if Yair tried to outright throw hands with Max he gets stopped.

Harder? How did you measure that?
Sounds subjective af…

34tcxzn.jpg

yes - its subjective AF

they don't just tally who landed more strikes and give him the round

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Kattar could do the same thing to Yair that he did to Giga.

zombie was ahead 3-1 on 2 score cards before yair got that lucky finish. i believe that fight was mostly stand up if i remember right.

True or False? If someone can edit a poll into the thread would nice

we're not doing mma math and we all know styles make fights

but as the old saying goes - there's levels to this

Max totally outclassed Kattar on the feet and Yair clearly got the better of Max standing
He's been outstruck multiple times. lol

Who has smashed stephens like that though. Only kattar

Well, I'd say also Aldo, and Zabit outclassed him very easily. Max had no issues with him back in the day when Stephens was closer to his prime. I mean even Frankie was outstriking him, even if he was relying on his wrestling threat to do it.

You dont know anything about boxing :D just be because giga dont throws combos he has shit boxing? Okay bro cool

Generally speaking people who are mostly limited to two punch combinations are mediocre boxers, yes.

His hands don't flow well, he was countered multiple times in the Kattar fight Saturday over-extending his punches, his defense is downright fucking BAD and it only gets worse as his gas tank empties, which doesn't take long when you're spamming kicks the way he does.

His kicks are incredible, his boxing is mediocre, at best.

Get off his dick and open your eyes.

Meh, I think its more of a matchup thing with Max. Yair might be the be the scariest striker because of his physical tools but not the best and as far as technique probably not top 5.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Kattar could do the same thing to Yair that he did to Giga.
It would be a good fight but I think Kattar is a bit slow for Yair if we're just talking striking. He could definitely impose his wrestling if Yair hasn't improved enough since the Frankie fight.

True or False? If someone can edit a poll into the thread would nice

we're not doing mma math and we all know styles make fights

but as the old saying goes - there's levels to this

Max totally outclassed Kattar on the feet and Yair clearly got the better of Max standing
its Volanaski, he literally beat Max at his own game twice.

1. Alex
2.Max
3.Yair
4. Ortega
5. Zombie
6. Kattar

34tcxzn.jpg

yes - its subjective AF

they don't just tally who landed more strikes and give him the round
I really dont understand why your claiming yair landed more effective striking. Even the significant strikes to every single part of the body(except legs) were landed by max. Sound like ur giving more credit to kicks than punches if anything(on too of flashiness). A solid liver shot can be a lot more devastating than a spinning back push kick to the belly from my experience.

also, the reason I said it sounded like u didnt read anything is because u said attributed the strikes landed to mostly top control which isnt true. Max’s punches to the body might not have looked as cool as yair’s spinning shit but i’m sure he felt them in his ribs afterwards.

No. Bruce Lee Roy out struck him and beat him imo.

KZ had his number till that fluke Elbow.

Dude straight up is way over rated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back