Shoop (ISL) International Shoop League Season 9 Sign Up and Trash Talking Thread! UFC 259 and 260!

I just read that whole post & while picking up a definition for "shirley cards"... I still have no idea what you're talking about. Can you dumb it down please?

Sorry, I'm working long hours & this puzzle is a bit much for me to put together atm.

Well Shirly Cards are just (vibrant color) images used to compare the quality of the film to assure standards.
  • Shirly/China Girl Print
  • Actual Film Print
The movie ties them in with flashes in the credits while playing "Drop it with the Girls". With the tone of the song and flashes we assume they were victims as Stuntman Mike was fond of pictures.

Last edited:
Link or didn't happen

No offense, I just hadn't heard about that & if you can show a link it would be interesting to see. I never believe anything without a valid resource.

he's the director, you just gotta look Him up. The Writer's job is to write a script, The Director's Job is full control over the production, etc.

Tony Scott used His script to make the vision He and Tarantino had.

Last edited:
Leader Ladies – or Shirley Cards, or in the off-puttingly Orientalist language by which they’re more traditionally known, China Girls (typically Vibrant Colors). They close out Tarantino’s contribution to the film-nostalgic double-feature Grindhouse, flashing one after another between the credits in the sort of anachronistic pastiche flourish for which the director is known.

“The images in the end credits are known as Shirley cards. When professionally processing film and prints, the company that produces the equipment and chemistry provides perfectly exposed, but unprocessed film and print tests, along with a copy that has been properly processed. You process one of the pre-exposed tests, then compare it to the control print to make sure everything looks as it should.”

Leader-Chicago-Film-Society.jpg

The film, and its fragmentary closing images, are proof enough of some kind of death. (That the credits are set to April March’s “Chick Habit” – an English-language reworking of the Serge Gainsbourg-penned “Laisse tomber les filles” that somehow sounds more like a ye-ye anthem than the original – only increases this hauntological sense that “the time is out of joint”.)

"Drop the Girls"

Yea, I've heard about that in the youtube comments and I've noticed the actress who played butterfly behind Her, appears to be a color chart.

tbh, It would've made sense if they would've gone for a creepy how many victims he killed showing all their photos but then you realized some are black and white and it doesn't make sense.

I love the cover more than the original, it just felt right for the film, French is also an interesting language. I'm no stranger to France Gall, an amazing singer.

Well Shirly Cards are just (vibrant color) images used to compare the quality of the film to assure standards.
  • Shirly/China Girl Print
  • Actual Film Print
The movie ties them in with flashes in the credits while playing "Drop it with the Girls". With the tone of the song and flashes we assume they were victims as Stuntman Mike was fond of pictures.
Can you please cliff these cliffs of the cliffs?

Are you saying tat this is a true story & that those women they put in the credits are real life victims?

This is too much bro... I wasn't looking for a sudoku when I asked for your cliffs. Can you just speak in plain language as if I don't know what you're talking about.

example: "Because these women were put in the credits, it's my opinion that they are real life examples of what happened in the movie." ( or whatever it is you're trying to say)

Last edited:
tbh, It would've made sense if they would've gone for a creepy how many victims he killed showing all their photos but then you realized some are black and white and it doesn't make sense.

It could well simply be another homage he pays to era pics by resurrecting "content". Still it does carry a creepy victim-like vibe.

Yea, I've heard about that in the youtube comments and I've noticed the actress who played butterfly behind Her, appears to be a color char

WTF is going on here? Your resource is "youtube comments?" & the "the actress who played butterfly behind Her, appears to be a color char" Teh fook does that even mean?

You guyz are talking some secret illuminati language or something?

It could well simply be another homage he pays to era pics by resurrecting "content". Still it does carry a creepy victim-like vibe.

Ethier way, the Credits gives me chills and I can't help but think they're victims than China Girls.

There's one last film I wanted to watch, that Tarantino kinda make and it was.

"Natural Born Killers"

He created the story.

Can you please cliff these cliffs of the cliffs?

Are you saying tat this is a true story & that those women they put in the credits are real life victims?

This is too much bro... I wasn't looking for a sudoku when I asked for your cliffs. Can you just speak in plain language as if I don't know anything about what you're talking about.

example: "Because these women were put in the credits, it's my opinion that they are real life examples of what happened in the movie." ( or whatever it is you're trying to say)

No - not real life examples. Just pictures of women flashed during the films credits. No direct connection with the film other than the director's habit of highlighting movie techniques of the past.

Everything else was basically interpretation.

The bits on Filmmaking and Test Prints (Shirley/China Girl cards) - I don't know how else to explain other than "comparing 2 pictures for quality".

WTF is going on here... can't anyone just say what they mean? Your resource is "you tube coments?" & the "the actress who played butterfly behind Her, appears to be a color char" Teh fook does that even mean?

You guyz are talking some secret illuminati language or something.

In the credits, you would see the actress who portrayed butterfly.

iu

She's been seen in the credits, inside a car, behind Her was a Colour Chart.

d0bf687590bc254af6fa1edf830d815d.png

he's the director, you just gotta look Him up. The Writer's job is to write a script, The Director's Job is full control over the production, etc.

Tony Scott used His script to make the vision He and Tarantino had.

You just made me listen to 4.5 minutes of a video that didn't say anything about what you said.

yea, but the film was in Tony Scott's control, not Tarantino's.

You're just assuming how much control was given to Tony Scott. For example: You have no idea whether or not that xylophone music was something that Quenton "suggested" or not. You're not presenting any information about how much collaboration happened between the 2.

I'm not trying to cut hairs... but you presented something as fact that is nothing more than your opinion.
maybe we shouldn't be talking about these thingz in the shoop thread yeah? We don't need facts n stuff when we're shooping.

You just made me listen to 4.5 minutes of a video that didn't say anything about what you said.

You're just assuming how much control was given to Tony Scott. For example: You have no idea whether or not that xylophone music was something that Quenton "suggested" or not. You're not presenting any information about how much collaboration happened between the 2.

I'm not trying to cut hairs... but you presented something as fact that is nothing more than your opinion.
maybe we shouldn't be talking about these thingz in the shoop thread yeah? We don't need facts n stuff when we're shooping.

It's kinda an old underrated flick with a failed box office. I've tried to find actual evidence, there's nothing to find, I'll try going into a deep search. but yes Tarantino may suggest the music but it was done by Hans Zimmer. Each department has its own control or maybe Tarantino wanted to collaborate with each department. Since I know His films, maybe Tarantino wanted that to be the main theme throughout the story since He's into Romantic Comedies, fair enough but knowing Tarantino He would've had the film full of songs like an Album, the greatest example is Reservoir Dogs. again He didn't direct the film, Tony Scott did, but maybe Tarantino did secretly played a huge role in the film but it's unlikely, He wrote the script. That's all I'll say, now let's fight. also, you've helped me see that I shouldn't rush evidence, lmao.

iu

This seems to make a bit of sense, to what I'm trying to say.

This seems to make a bit of sense, to what I'm trying to say.
Fair enough... but all I'm saying is not to present things as fact that you are guessing about with indirect evidence.

, you've helped me see that I shouldn't rush evidence, lmao.

That's all I'm saying. I got interested in what you were saying and it's an interesting pov... but it should be discussed as a question... not brought up as a fact. It seemz like we're on the same page here though. All good bro~

Last edited:
Fair enough... but all I'm saying is not to present things as fact that you are guessing about with indirect evidence.

It did sound like a fact, my bad, I'll take your advice next time. I'm just a huge fan of His work is all.

Anyways, enough nerding over Tarantino. You and I must fight.

No - not real life examples. Just pictures of women flashed during the films credits. No direct connection with the film other than the director's habit of highlighting movie techniques of the past.

Everything else was basically interpretation.

The bits on Filmmaking and Test Prints (Shirley/China Girl cards) - I don't know how else to explain other than "comparing 2 pictures for quality".
Much Love to you bro... but I have no idea what you're talking about.

In your opinion... what is the purpose of the women they're presenting in the credits? Exactly what does that mean to you? ...As concise & clear as possible assuming I know absolutely nothing about any background or anything that you're referring to.

sorry for the confusion... it's probably me... I've been working hard hourz but it got complicated & so here we are. Please, completely dumb this down for me.

Last edited:
In your opinion... what is the purpose of the women they're presenting in the credits? Exactly what does that mean to you? ...As concise & clear as possible assuming I know absolutely nothing about any background or anything that you're referring to.

I always saw them as "other victim" types. Considering the flick was about a dude who drove around snapin pics and burying chicks.

Last edited:
Back