Media Islam Makhacev wants Arman next, then 170 pound title

Islam gets a WW title shot with a possible record setting 4 LW title defenses

lolol​
Islam vs Leon will be HUGE
Kowboy, it's not huge for Leon. Is could show he had some balls, give up his virtually undefended title, THEN climb up, stay and fight a top contender in his "new division" and try to earn a title shot.

Last edited:
Kowboy, it's not huge for Leon. Is could show he had some balls, give up his virtually undefended title, THEN climb up and fight in his "new division".

You want Islam to leave the LW division and the belt, to climb from the bottom of the WW division in order to get a titleshot ? <36>

I'm fine with mak moving up to ww if he beats Dustin and then arman.

If the WW belt changes hands, will Islam still be so eager to get it? I’d love to see him vs Shavkat.
Not sure if he and Shavkat are friends, and I'm not even that sure Shavkat would win the title if he fought for it. He's obviously looked great, but against competition that wasn't elite, and he had trouble with Geoff Neal and couldn't take him down. Same thing if it's Belal, not sure if they're friends but Belal has said himself the Dagestanis ragdoll him in training. Shavkat would be the most fun matchup for Islam, but Leon Scott is the least active champ on the roster(besides the mess at HW) so it might even be 2025 before he even fights Shavkat to see who's champ by the time Islam could move up.

You want Islam to leave the LW division and the belt, to climb from the bottom of the WW division in order to get a titleshot ? <36>
What part of "fight a top contender" did you and DC miss?​

I agree. Beat Arman and at that point there isn't much he'll leave in question in LW.

Wonder if he'd have the cujones to go up against a beast like Shavkat though. Edwards is a bit easier stylistically, although still a difficult fight.
I actually think Islam is better than Shavkat everywhere. More technical and skilled.
the size difference is the only question mark for me. Islam is a MASSIVE lightweight, so I think moving up with actually agree with him and serve him well.
Hopefully, we'll see!!!

I agree. Beat Arman and at that point there isn't much he'll leave in question in LW.

Wonder if he'd have the cujones to go up against a beast like Shavkat though. Edwards is a bit easier stylistically, although still a difficult fight.
WHAT?
Are you high on drugs?

The haters:

McGregor gets LW title shot with zero title defenses: I sleep

Islam gets a WW title shot with a possible record setting 4 LW title defenses:

wolf-of-wall-street-angry.gif
Sounds like Conor lives rent free in ur head, bud. He's got nothing to do with nothin

Solid plan. I don't see any clear LW contender appearing until then tbh. If Islam beats DP and Arman, he will set a new record for LW title defenses.

He will have earned the right to challenge for another title.

He'll have 3 top 10 wins at lightweight but that's still a far cry from cleaning out the division. That's like saying Leon has nothing to do at 170. If that's his plan he'll have 1 more title defense than Khabib but a weaker resume. I think he should stay in the division and solidify himself as GOAT.

Islam gets a WW title shot with a possible record setting 4 LW title defenses

lolol​

Kowboy, it's not huge for Leon. Is could show he had some balls, give up his virtually undefended title, THEN climb up, stay and fight a top contender in his "new division" and try to earn a title shot.
<Dany07>

Do you honestly not feel ridiculous hitting "post reply" after typing that?

Leon is fighting Belal Muhamed next in a title fight that wouldn't sell a facebook prelim, and your big concern is that it's "not huge, bro" for the 2 longest reigning champs on 2 of the longest win streaks in the UFC, Islam will be on a decade long win streak with both the LW win streak and title defense record, and maybe Leon Scott should hold out and play hardball for a real superfight against Jack Magdalena and Islam could take a massive superfight against Beniel Dariush or just rematch the other top contenders 2 or 3 more times until he's 40 years old?

Here is the complete list of champs who've had to give up their title to go start from the bottom in another division.

iu

That is seriously how deranged these people are where they aren't even embarrassed to say something like that.

Interesting that he wants Madison Square Garden next, That's an iconic arena but as a fighter knowing the insane tax you would have to pay why would you want to fight there? When you can easily fight in Abu Dhabi and pay zero in taxes.
But people said he only fights once a year at Abu Dhabi so he can make weight? Why does he want to fight at MSG?

Lightweight is the LOWEST of all the men's divisions in terms of one champion defending his title. This crap about makhachev holding the record at LW IF he defends 2 more times is not impressive at all and shouldn't afford him any special treatment.

If Mak defends the lightweight belt successfully 4 times, then I will not complain about him fighting for a 2nd belt. That would be more than enough to earn it.

Lightweight is the LOWEST of all the men's divisions in terms of one champion defending his title. This crap about makhachev holding the record at LW IF he defends 2 more times is not impressive at all and shouldn't afford him any special treatment.

Can you name the recent champs who defended more than 4 times before getting a title in another division ?

Back