News Islam Makhachev called Charles Oliveira ‘easy’ fight before match up with Lee

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Islam Makhachev blasted Kevin Lee for taking 'easy way out' in match up against Charles Oliveira.

Despite Islam Makhachev and Kevin Lee continuously going back and forth, they ended up not fighting each other.

——————-

I wouldn’t mind seeing Islam and Charles go at it for a contenders match up. Of course Islam wouldn’t ever fight Khabib though, and UFC probably doesn’t want Charles near a title shot because he cannot speak any English.

Charles has better standup than Islam. If the fight doesn't go to the ground often, maybe we can see another win for Charles. The thing is: Islam is no Lee. If the fight goes to the ground, I'm curious imagining Charles making guard with him, if he would be successful... Considering that Lee is also a strong guy and has a good ground control, maybe Charles could surprise us all again.

lol olivera destroys islam almost as easily as he destroyed kevin

Islam, please focus on your upcoming fight against a guy cerrone destroyed

Charles Oliveira by 2nd round submission if this fight does materialize

"Destroys" almost as easily? Until the last TD, Lee might have won that fight. They were in the 3rd with one round a piece.

If Oliviera "destroyed" him any less, he'd have gone to a split decision.

Last edited:
Lol stipe is an American

{<doc}

Zhang is learning English and UFC wants the Chinese market!

Silva and Aldo were pre IMG era fighters.

terrible examples
Think he's joking about Stipe my dood

PhonyThatFlicker-size_restricted.gif

Almost as easily? Until the last TD, Lee might have won that fight. They were in the 3rd with one round a piece.

Oliveira won the 2 rounds on the judges score card.

Oliveira won the 2 rounds on the judges score card.

Really? I haven't looked it up, but they were one round each on every website I use (Sherdog, mmajunkie, mmamania), and by my own eyes (not that it matters). Judges were watching a different fight again.

Really? I haven't looked it up, but they were one round each on every website I use (Sherdog, mmajunkie, mmamania), and by my own eyes (not that it matters). Judges were watching a different fight again.

I personally thought they were 1-1, although wasn't too confident, I dont remember much of the 3rd so I can't say who was doing what but someone on here posted the score card after the fight and all the judges gave the 2 rounds for Oliveira.

I had Oliveira winning both rounds too, he almost got the submission finish 2 times in the first and lit up Lee on the feet for the first 3 minutes in the second.

Lee had some nasty ground and pound near the end of the 1st but it wasn't enough to me, he also had some slick counterstrikes and showed good boxing, but in my eyes he never had the fight going his way, most of his groud control was defense and stalling and while countering well at times he got caught and suffered Oliveira's aggressiveness. Oliveira's chin seemed to hold up fine too.

Makachev is a fool if he thinks The Bronx is an easy fight. He has as active a guard as any fighter I've ever seen and he goes for the kill.

how though ? islam will probably take him down, and do his thing, I don't see oliveira submitting islam from the bottom ...davi ramos bjj >>>> olivera ... felder ground game <<<< islam ground game ...

I was seriously impressed by Oliveira BJJ, but keep in mind Makhachev just destroyed another top level BJJ artist

Aloe Vera is the dark horse confirmed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back