Media Islam Makhachev sends a message to the Lightweight division

Could any of those names defeat Islam Makhachev

• Total voters
It’s just a statement to Arman. Posters looking for every excuse in the book to discredit him.

So , is he saying he intending on defending his belt against all these guys ? Or is this just an excuse to post a picture of himself looking jacked on instagram

Pretty entertaining watching the Islam haters scramble incoherently and try to come up with new rules and criteria that only apply to Islam.

Yeah, six whole weeks is way too long in between defenses.

We just want to see the belt defended in a division that has so many exciting fighters.

I am critical of Islam, like I was critical of Mcgregor before.

Islam has run through these guys with barely any damage outside Volk 1. He still takes 4-6 months off after each fight, when he could easily be rebooked in less and be racking up defences to break that record.

You had someone like Charles taking decent damage in his fights turning around and defending in the same time or quicker than Islam, getting guys out with no damage.

Volk will turn around quicker than Islam again after being violently KO'd by him for example. It's a valid criticism.

Well actually he won that fight with little to no damage and that was in October he’s not booked for January February or march and we know Ramadan is march til April, which means he’s probably not fighting til June or July.

So 6 weeks isn’t enough, sure. But what part of 12-20 weeks isn’t reasonable? They already have 2 viable contenders prepared in Gaethje and oliveria. Soooo what’s the hold up?

I will not be surprised in the slightest if he does not defend til next Abu Dhabi card next October. I expect an interim title fight before then.
Which champs do they already have booked within weeks of their previous fight? Leon Scott has 9 months from his last fight to his next, Strickland has just under 5, O'Malley has 7, Jon Jones has 1 fight in nearly 4 years and is out till next summer, Volk was supposed to have 6 months between fights but ended up taking another fight when his belt wasn't on the line when Charles pulled out of his rematch a year after Islam kicked the shit out of him.

Again, it's the same silly shit of Islam haters who want some new standard adopted just for him that isn't applied to anybody else.

This dude is scared as fuck of fighting a top 5 LW.

Which champs do they already have booked within weeks of their previous fight? Leon Scott has 9 months from his last fight to his next, Strickland has just under 5, O'Malley has 7, Jon Jones has 1 fight in nearly 4 years and is out till next summer, Volk was supposed to have 6 months between fights but ended up taking another fight when his belt wasn't on the line when Charles pulled out of his rematch a year after Islam kicked the shit out of him.

Again, it's the same silly shit of Islam haters who want some new standard adopted just for him that isn't applied to anybody else.
I can't help but think there's a reason you disingenuously framed it like this instead of the fact that Volk will end up fighting 4x in the span of Islam's 2. And would've still done 3 without the short notice (which would've brought Islam down to 1 without him). 3 > 2.

I also can't help but think that there's a reason why you disingenuously left out another champion in Pereira who likewise fought 3x this year and is already calling to defend against Ank or whoever instead of waiting for Hill to recover.

It's almost like other champs actually can and do fight more frequently.

he beat Charles and gave him the opportunity for a rematch, how do you figure he is scared?
Gave him a rematch? Charles beat Dariush and earned that rematch. Islam has no say in taking that fight at that point in time. Now you have Charles, Gaethje and Armen all sitting around waiting for Islam to announce when he will be available to fight again. You have 3 guys who have a reasonable claim to the shot all waiting on the champion. Armen just fought so he will probably end up having to take another fight in the meantime.

I can't help but think there's a reason you disingenuously framed it like this instead of the fact that Volk will end up fighting 4x in the span of Islam's 2. And would've still done 3 without the short notice (which would've brought Islam down to 1 without him). 3 > 2.

I also can't help but think that there's a reason why you disingenuously left out another champion in Pereira who likewise fought 3x this year and is already calling to defend against Ank or whoever instead of waiting for Hill to recover.

It's almost like other champs actually can and do fight more frequently.
i think Islam would like to fight more frequently, personally, but the UFC seems intent on using him to headline cards in Abu Dhabi. probably to bring in more Muslim fanbase. which relegates Islam to like 2 fights a year.
beating Volk 2x is a great accomplishment but im really itching to see Islam defend vs a lightweight. im especially intrigued to see Islam vs Justin so i hope thats next.

I can't help but think there's a reason you disingenuously framed it like this instead of the fact that Volk will end up fighting 4x in the span of Islam's 2. And would've still done 3 without the short notice. 3 > 2.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Huh? Pereira wasn't champ and has 0 title defenses in any division, and Volk has defended his title once in over a year and a half. Do you think Islam would turn down a WW title shot if they offered him one? He's the one who asked to be the backup fighter and said he'd fight either of them on a day's notice.

All these guys had fights signed and announced. Strickland had to wait on DDP because Izzy didn't want the immediate rematch. O'malley vs Vera is the weakest in terms of match making and Jones was injured 2 weeks out from a fight.

Islam is still crickets, with a possible time of March/April as he usually does. He has 2 contenders lined up, but no fight announcement when we all know he won't fight until March/April and September/October like he has every single year except 2021.

i think Islam would like to fight more frequently, personally, but the UFC seems intent on using him to headline cards in Abu Dhabi. probably to bring in more Muslim fanbase. which relegates Islam to like 2 fights a year.
beating Volk 2x is a great accomplishment but im really itching to see Islam defend vs a lightweight. im especially intrigued to see Islam vs Justin so i hope thats next.

I think it's a mix of Islam needing long camps to get to 155 and this. UFC will always use him for Abu Dhabi cards, but he needs ages to make the cut to 155. He has fought MArch/April and Spetember/ October for most of his UFC career except 2021, when he fought 3x with 2 short notice opponents during the semi covid era.

I think the Australia fight really caused him some issues weigh wise to be honest. A member of his camp missed weight on the same card.

All these guys had fights signed and announced. Strickland had to wait on DDP because Izzy didn't want the immediate rematch. O'malley vs Vera is the weakest in terms of match making and Jones was injured 2 weeks out from a fight.

Islam is still crickets, with a possible time of March/April as he usually does. He has 2 contenders lined up, but no fight announcement when we all know he won't fight until March/April and September/October like he has every single year except 2021.
No they didn't. Leon was trying to duck and instead just kept pushing it back for 9 months. Jones was injured 2 weeks out from a fight that was going to be 9 months after his previous fight, which was 3 years after his fight before that.

Lol, so according to you, not having a fight signed 5 weeks after your previous fight is ridiculous inactivity. When was Oliveira's last fight? When was Gaethje's? These are your "2 contenders lined up"? A guy Islam just kicked the shit out of a year ago, and a guy who got choked out by 2 different champs fighting another guy who got choked out by the same 2 champs and plans to sit on it for over a year?

Last edited:
Back