Media Islam Makhachev successfully gets the name of DC & Chael's show changed

Who gives a fuck about defenses, he's 25-1 and finished both Volk and Oliveira in title fights. You're just a hater and a complete fool.

Defenses is everything my friend. 25-1 means shit is most of that aren't even ranked opponents. Title defenses and title wins are what makes goats as it shows the level of a fighter vs elite competition and consistently. @Killer Kadoogan is just being realistic and you're being sensitive and can't handle the truth.

Islam has a very impressive record and so far, but he's only faced 2 elite opponents. Olivera is as good of a win as it gets, Volk is a great win too, but Volk is a FW with no track record at LW. And in those two fights, Volk nearly beat him once and the second was on 11 days notice.

So Islam is nowhere near the goat discussion, he's not even in the top 3 at LW yet. He needs work and to keep winning. He's in a lucrative position now because with every win he moves up quickly. While I don't have him top 3 at LW, that can change with a couple title defenses. I wouldn't hestitate to have him as LW goat if he can break the title defenses record.

You're talking out of your ass, which of his fights have been boring? He's finished 6 out of his last 7 fights. Colby couldn't finish his lunch.

Colby is the definition of boring, Islam is not. Islam is one of the more popular champs right now and DC is his boy so I don't know why you would be surprised about DC featuring him on his show. They are friends.
I promise you Colby gets far more engagement than Islam ever has or will. The dude has the personality of shaved sheep fur. That blank look on his face, constant. Nothing original in his words. The 0 title defenses against ranked LW opponents. He is just Khabib jr, minus the funny quips.

Colby is far more exciting, gets far more people talking. The ESPN hype machine is too obvious, too phony, to call Islam a GOAT at LW with 0 LW title defenses against his own division. Dishonest.

I promise you Colby gets far more engagement than Islam ever has or will. The dude has the personality of shaved sheep fur. That blank look on his face, constant. Nothing original in his words. The 0 title defenses against ranked LW opponents. He is just Khabib jr, minus the funny quips.

Colby is far more exciting, gets far more people talking. The ESPN hype machine is too obvious, too phony, to call Islam a GOAT at LW with 0 LW title defenses against his own division. Dishonest.
Lol Islam is pretty quick witted in a language he barely knows, Colby stumbles over his pre rehearsed lines in his native tongue. They are not the same.

I agree. Part of the problem is people take what Khabib says way too seriously just because he speaks emphatically and is a good fighter. He isn't very bright.
quite the contrary, I think hes a very clever dude, hes just super intense.

wool, its called wool...ffs...shaved sheep fur indeed.
thickhead.gif

Lol Islam is pretty quick witted in a language he barely knows, Colby stumbles over his pre rehearsed lines in his native tongue. They are not the same.
you're right Colby is far more interesting

Australia is an evil place. Everything there can kill u.
Nah, you just have to have a healthy respect for the wildlife and not be a dumbass. Plus our healthcare system is top notch, so if you do fuck up you at least won't have to pay for it.

Barely knows?
How many years can one be traveling to a country and staying there for longer periods to work and people still don’t expect them to speak the language? Over 10?

Not even related to this case, just wondering what people think of learning a new language, especially if you live in a country with one of the most spoken languages in the world.

Barely knows?
How many years can one be traveling to a country and staying there for longer periods to work and people still don’t expect them to speak the language? Over 10?

Not even related to this case, just wondering what people think of learning a new language, especially if you live in a country with one of the most spoken languages in the world.
Languages are learned through immersion and actually being forced to speak it on a consistent basis. That’s why you have some Latino immigrants who’ve been in America for 30+ yrs and don’t speak a lick of English, because the Spanish speaking community is large enough to have a full existence not having to interact with many (if any) English speakers. It’s more a function of how much exposure you have not how long you’ve been somewhere.

Languages are learned through immersion and actually being forced to speak it on a consistent basis. That’s why you have some Latino immigrants who’ve been in America for 30+ yrs and don’t speak a lick of English, because the Spanish speaking community is large enough to have a full existence not having to interact with many (if any) English speakers. It’s more a function of how much exposure you have not how long you’ve been somewhere.
I know, I speak 8 languages myself and understand a few more, but it’s always been easy for me as I wanted to understand and communicate with others. So the willingness and interest to learn has always been there.

I just wanted to know what other people expected, if someone has been staying in an other country for longer periods and still “barely knows” the language. Sounds odd to me.
I this case, I do blame DC for speaking dagenglish with the boys. He is not doing them any favors teaching them to speak like that.

I still don't get why Islam gets the full ESPN force hype machine behind him. Dude is boring, dominant, but boring. Many false accolades, false claims of being the GOAT LW.... isn't it obvious? The total forced fakery? Dude has 0 LW title defenses against a ranked LW opponent. It's just too obvious that they are trying so damn hard to get this guy some fans, and inject some personality. Sad.

submitting and kocking out opponents is pretty boring

I know, I speak 8 languages myself and understand a few more, but it’s always been easy for me as I wanted to understand and communicate with others. So the willingness and interest to learn has always been there.

I just wanted to know what other people expected, if someone has been staying in an other country for longer periods and still “barely knows” the language. Sounds odd to me.
I this case, I do blame DC for speaking dagenglish with the boys. He is not doing them any favors teaching them to speak like that.
I don't think they spend as much time in America or speaking English as you might think. They only come here for camp, so that's 6-8 weeks, twice a year at most (they've recently been doing most of their camps in the middle east, so it's even less). Factor in that they bring 10+ Russians with them to America and are mostly still speaking Russian when they're here. The only time they speak English is probably at AKA, ordering food, and interviews. Not much immersion. That said, their English is decent enough, especially compared to the Brazilians.

I agree. Part of the problem is people take what Khabib says way too seriously just because he speaks emphatically and is a good fighter. He isn't very bright.
Khabib is actually very bright, and very perceptive too. And i'm told that it comes across even more when he speaks in Russian.

Back