News Islam Makhachev vs Rafael Dos Anjos added to UFC 267, Oct. 30th in Abu Dhabi

Who wins?

• Islam Makhachev

• Rafael Dos Anjos

Results are only viewable after voting.
UFC potentially giving us a PPV caliber card for free.

Glover/Jan
Yan/Sterling
Islam/RDA
Tuivasa/Harris
Jingliang/Khamzat

<{RoseRun}>

For the unaware

Thanks for the reminder, makes me so happy.

Do you know the status yet? Anything set in stone as far as it being free or not. Last I heard was “it most likely will be.”

Thanks.

giphy.gif

Islam vs Kevin Lee should've been the fight to make

Then there would be even more crkticsm that Islam hasn't beaten anybody etc.

RDA beat FKL not too long ago and FKL can use a tune-up fight after a 1.5 year layoff.

RDA is a tougher matchup than FKL

Rda don’t care , he’s down to fight anyone

Islam punching up yet again... lmao.

And after he beats the corpse of RDA he's gonna want a title shot.

Well this is the only way to knock him out of the rankings then. By him losing to a guy ranked below him.

If RDA somehow wins he's obviously good enough for top 5. So in that sense it's good matchmaking.
.... dude he shouldn't be there in the first place.... in no sense is it good matchmaking

Winner of this should get a TS next, unless if Dustin vs Oliveira gets delayed several months.

Gaethje and Chandler are each coming off of a TS themselves, so they need two more wins to be back in the picture but Islam is on 8 fight with streak
I agree with you but something tells me they won't care especially if Gaethje wins. Need Ali to work his black magic

Islam gets to fight a 38 year old that RDA that crumbled vs most every wrestler he faced? (Khabib, Chiesa, Usman, Covington, Guida etc)

I was really hoping he'd get a fresher opponent. Oh well, Islam probably wins then fights for a title or one more after RDA then a shot.

RDA nearing 40 years old is 2-4 in his last 6 fights and 5-5 in his last 10.
Hes ranked #7 though so he must be an elite LW right? Or do rankings not matter now that Islam has a ranked opponent?

Honestly though I agree with you, I would've preferred to see Islam vs Dariush. RDA has a severely inflated ranking like other guys who are ranked highly at LW such as Conor, Chandler, and Hooker.

since they add Islam to this event , it is more interesting if Khamzat and Khabib comes somehow together

Hes ranked #7 though so he must be an elite LW right? Or do rankings not matter now that Islam has a ranked opponent?

Honestly though I agree with you, I would've preferred to see Islam vs Dariush. RDA has a severely inflated ranking like other guys who are ranked highly at LW such as Conor, Chandler, and Hooker.

So you accused me of bias for not respecting the rankings towards Islam then explain in your own words how flawed the rankings system is?

What is this haha, why do presumably adults go around a forum creating narratives other than what was actually said to accuse people of biases so often? It routinely inhibits any real discussion. Im not a fan of any individual fighter to such a point I care for them to succeed over another, I sorta just want to see questions answered and the better fighter win.

Back