News Islam Makhachev will now face Dan Hooker at UFC 267, Oct. 30th in Abu Dhabi

Who wins?

• Islam Makhachev

• Dan Hooker

Results are only viewable after voting.
CAN WE FINALLY FUCKING STOP WITH THE IDEA THAT EVERYONE IS DUCKING ISLAM AND THAT HOOKER WAS ACTIVELY DOING IT!?

Horrible stylistic fight for Dan, but he's a JBG disciple and he took it on short notice. Props to Dan. He's giving Islam the chance to really prove himself despite all this rankings shenanigans.

holy-shit.gif

CAN WE FINALLY FUCKING STOP WITH THE IDEA THAT EVERYONE IS DUCKING ISLAM AND THAT HOOKER WAS ACTIVELY DOING IT!?

Horrible stylistic fight for Dan, but he's a JNG disciple and he took it on short notice. Props to Dan.
He does not have nearly as much to lose by taking this fight now. The whole point of Islam being moved up to #6 is so other fighters actually have an incentive to fight him.

When Islam was ranked lower than him, Hooker absolutely did not want that fight, and for good reason.

I don't know what 'ducking' even means anymore. Most fighters in the UFC avoid match-ups that they don't benefit from, Hooker isn't any different.

Gonna be a good fight! Tough style match up for Islam. Hooker is a very durable and rangy guy with very ability to finish standing. And he's good very defensive grappling. Standing wise it's all Hooker. If Hooker defends the TD's well he's gonna get this one done in 3 rounds

He does not have nearly as much to lose by taking this fight now. The whole point of Islam being moved up to #6 is so other fighters actually have an incentive to fight him.

When Islam was ranked lower than him, Hooker absolutely did not want that fight, and for good reason.

I don't know what 'ducking' even means anymore. Most fighters in the UFC avoid match-ups that they don't benefit from, Hooker isn't any different.

He didn't duck him. When he was ranked lower there was no point in him taking a dangerous fight that wouldn't benefit him, especially when Islam was nowhere near the top 15. It's smart. The narrative that everyone was ducking Islam when RDA accepted that fight twice and now Hooker just did was all hyperbole.

In all honesty, Islam shouldn't be ranked where he is. If he wins this fight, it'll legitimize his ranking. Props to Dan for taking it on short notice.

Dana you magnificent son of a bitch! You have 2 fights fall off on the same card with the walls of time closing in and you actually improve BOTH fights. I realize youre a douche but youve got some good points as well. This is an example....

I'd love to see Dan get the big win but Islam just seems to be rolling towards inevitable title run. I think he gets the decision.

Back