Media Islam responds to Toupuria

Blanqa Blanqua

Sherdog God Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

I have not vetted this. But thought it was of interest.

Why does Islam keep calling out featherweights?

He's already a giant LW, if he fights Topuria, he'd have 3 LW title defenses against Featherweights.
You mean like Conor did, over the majority of his career (minus the title defenses)??!!

So Islam is gonna fight Gaethje (assuming he wins against Holloway) giving Justin less than 2 months notice to fight? And THEN, Islam is gonna fight a featherweight FOR THE THIRD TIME, even while numerous contenders at lightweight are lined up.

wtf his title reign is off to the lamest possible start going into the second year

This is Ali responding to Ilia's callout, but Gaethje isn't even next.

It's winner of Arman v Charles

Then Gaethje

Then possibly BSD (if he beats Dustin) or Gamrot.

There isn't enough prestige in an Ilia fight. He has no defenses unlike the arguable FW GOAT in Volk. Maybe after Ilia defends 3 or 4 times.

Doesn’t seem so clear when you base your opinion on just 1 social media post. He has called out Leon plenty of times.

Bra, he's not even hiding the fact he's trying to fight small guys.

Islam: Volk is small guy, I fight him.
Islam: Topuria is small guy, I big Dagstani on Dagistani growth medicine

He's calling them tiny, and saying he wants to fight them lol. Not even hiding the size bullying.

He's calling them tiny, and saying he wants to fight them lol. Not even hiding the size bullying.

Ilia called him out first bro. Islam is simply responding to Ilia’s callout. The same with Volk. Also btw- Islam vs Ilia would be a sick fight.

And Islam has called out Leon plenty of times-

Ilia called him out first bro. Islam is simply responding to Ilia’s callout. The same with Volk.

You gotta admit though, if Islam was playing a heel right now, he'd be a size bully heel. Classic pro wrestling David vs. Goliath shit. Islam is embracing it too by making fun of their size and how he's bigger.

You gotta admit though, if Islam was playing a heel right now, he'd be a size bully heel. Classic pro wrestling David vs. Goliath shit. Islam is embracing it too by making fun of their size and how he's bigger.

Sure but I also think most ufc fighters are trying to fight opponents that are smaller than them. That’s why they cut so much weight. But, I also think that both Volk and Ilia are really good fighters. IMO they both make intriguing matchups for Islam. If Ilia dominantly wins a couple at FW and Islam continues to win at LW then I’d love to see the two eventually clash.

Back