Islam vs. Volkanovski - Who won?

Who won?

• Total voters
Islam did next to no damage. Won a round by backpacking while getting his face punched in while in dominant position. Total embarrassment.

Islam won the fight but volk won our hearts.

It seems hard to justify, but I still feel like we need a rematch. Maybe one or two title defenses each and they run it back? One has to like volks chances after making a few adjustments.

48-47 Islam. Islam landed better strikes majority of the fight, landed the takedowns, and got the only control time. Volk ended stronger but that’s not how fights are scored. It was close but the judges got it right. I think the crowd swayed people some.

clearly islam ffs he landed the better shots and knees, people are just blinded by that last min. he kept catching volk with counter shots on the way out. in the end the wrestling didnt even matter because islam striking is very good.

I still say Islam won, but not by much.

I gave Volk the 1st & the 5th
Islam the 2nd & 4th

i'd have to rewatch the 3rd but after first viewing I thought Volk won.

Volk dominated that last round, but the knockdowns and the damage standing imo is what Islam had help him get the win, that and the fourth round backpacking Volk. Islam's standup is still underrated, but Volk's defensive grappling is also top notch.

Islam won rounds 1, 2, 4 imo. So 48-47 was right.

Judges got this one right. I scored it 48-47 Islam, and could have potentially been 49-46.

Close rounds and fight but clear winner for me Islam. Competitive all the way through great effort from both men.

I don't understand the people who are saying Volk won. It was easily 3 rounds.

Volk is the man and had Islam hurt and wilting but under 5 rounds, he didn't win.

Volk won!! Stuffed most of his takedown and the ones he didn't got right back up. The other guy(who dana doesn't even care enough to remember his name) didn't do any damage the few times he had him on the ground or against the cage. Had his back with a triangle applied and Volk did more damage punching him lol

Would've been more then happy with a hometown robbery, Volk pushed the pace and the fight the whole night never gave up or slowed down. One more round and I think he finishes Islam
Only a Raiders fan could rationalize this

Islam got the points and won the competetion. Wasn't all that hard to judge.

Volk won the fight though, Nate Diaz style. He comes off looking good in this while Islam took a hit imo.

Islam, but Volk really knows how to pander to the cameras (something Conor could do also) and he had the crowd behind him.

Back