News Islam was 8 lbs heavier than first Volk fight

So 176 plus 8 pounds .. ...

184lbs.

Did Javier say Islam was 176 in the first Volk fight? Islam is usually no more than 175 according to Javier and Islam in other interviews, so I would assume 8 lbs less would mean he weighed in the high 160s for Volk 1.

184lbs.

Your lightweight (155lbs) champion ladys and gentleman

Lmfao...and people still think this is okay ..

Just remove weight classes at this point or make two

.under 200lbs and over 200lbs ...same day weigh ins. .

Absolutely bullshit... doesnt matter if it was Volk or any other fight...184lbs and claiming your 155lbs pound fighter...is just stupid and unfair lol its lying
TS probably did not think that these numbers tell us, that the champ must be cutting something around 15kgs to make LW limit. If he is still able to put like 8lbs (~3,7kg) more in the last 10-12 hrs.

It is a little questionable too, if that is doable with only oral hydration.

For his health it would be good if he goes to WW.

Edit: Just for comparison Costa hydrated 28lbs with IVs. 185 -> 213. And he carries much more muscle to store the water.

Last edited:
10-12hrs and 8lbs more?
How much is this guy cutting?

Let’s see, if we will ever see him fight again at 155 outside of UAE or SA…

I mean, he beat Volk in Australia a single fight prior. And I'm also fairly certain the majority of his fights have been outside Abu Dhabi. I'm sure he's not going to all of a sudden fight solely in the UAE.

Compromised like having less than 2 weeks notice and coming right off of a surgery, being visibly out of shape and sporting love handles, or no?

Irrelevant. He got head kicked into oblivion before any of that was a factor.

If a veteran pro who is elite can't fight for 4 minutes (after claiming he's always in shape) then he probably isn;t as good as he thinks he is.

184lbs.

Your lightweight (155lbs) champion ladys and gentleman

Lmfao...and people still think this is okay ..

Just remove weight classes at this point or make two

.under 200lbs and over 200lbs ...same day weigh ins. .

Absolutely bullshit... doesnt matter if it was Volk or any other fight...184lbs and claiming your 155lbs pound fighter...is just stupid and unfair lol its lying
He was 173 in Perth. So 181 lbs in Abu Dhabi. Pretty standard for fighters to rehydrate 20lbs +, this is just the nature of weight cutting.

TS probably did not think that these numbers tell us, that the champ must be cutting something around 15kgs to make LW limit.

The TS didn't think about those numbers because Paolo Delutis just completely made up Islam weighing 176 for the first Volk fight.

The UFC told Islam that Volk's fight night weight was bigger than his in Perth. Volk did not weigh more than 176 lbs then LMAO

He was 173 in Perth. So 181 lbs in Abu Dhabi. Pretty standard for fighters to rehydrate 20lbs +, this is just the nature of weight cutting.

181 isnt not a LW anyways...its not much better .. i thought i saw 176 for islam and 173 or 171 for volk...

26lbs heavier...whats the point of weight classes ...

The TS didn't think about those numbers because Paolo Delutis just completely made up Islam weighing 176 for the first Volk fight.

The UFC told Islam that Volk's fight night weight was bigger than his in Perth. Volk did not weigh more than 176 lbs then LMAO

I swear islam was 176 and volk was 171 in Perth

I got the numbers, from his last 10-12hrs. If he is able to pack so much more after the first 24hrs (when the human body usually absorbs best), He must have been cutting something around 28-30lbs.

Or he must have really been vomiting and having seriuos problems, and not able to absorb fluids in Perth. That could have happened too.

I swear islam was 176 and volk was 171 in Perth

You know, I was a little aggressive when I said you made the numbers up when you could have just been misremembering, so my bad on that.

But I can't find anything from anyone in the know saying that Islam was 176 and Alex was 171.

Both Javier and Islam said the UFC told them that Volk was heavier in Perth on fight night, and Islam repeated the claim right in front of Dana during the press conference. I doubt Islam would risk looking like a dishonest fool lying about that in front of the person who could contradict him facing a crowd of Muslims.

Volk didn't contradict him either, and simply said Islam had a weak mindset for caring about that.

181 isnt not a LW anyways...its not much better .. i thought i saw 176 for islam and 173 or 171 for volk...

26lbs heavier...whats the point of weight classes ...

IVlam at 155, hydrating 26 -30lbs. Fans be like IZ normal, everyone cuts like that.

Costa at 185, hydrating 28lbs. Fans be like, move up, what a weight bully! :D

I got the numbers, from his last 10-12hrs. If he is able to pack so much more after the first 24hrs (when the human body usually absorbs best), He must have been cutting something around 28-30lbs.

Or he must have really been vomiting and having seriuos problems, and not able to absorb fluids in Perth. That could have happened too.

Yeah, you're smart enough to acknowledge the variables you listed in that last paragraph, which may be more probable than usual because he supposedly was having a really rough cut (hence the IV accusations).

And he still looked a good weight class or two bigger than Volk in the first fight. Now add another 8 lbs to that.
lmfao.
He's just way taller than Volk, but in the first fight they were the same size. Islam was 173 in Perth and Volk was roughly that weight on fight night.

For the record, Volk himself said he weighed 172 in Perth on fight night.

If the UFC told Islam that Alex weighed more than him, that means Islam weighed 171 at the most and possibly less.

do u really believe these guys dont train all year round?
you believe he only trained for 2 weeks?
these are fighters they train all year round to improve
You can't out talk the facts, we all saw Volk. He's never looked that fat and lacking reactions. The man wasn't prepared for a high level fight.

Yes you drill techniques and learn year round. Have you ever learned a new technique? Try executing that sucker at training speed during a fight, lol.

Training camps don't just prepare for gamepalnning and conditioning, they also prepare for your opponents timing and sharpen your reaction time. Pretty huge factors leading into a fight with one of the top p4p fighters in the world. But let's just treat these factors with the levity of a fight between unranked late replacements so TS can tell us how cool IVlam looked beating up on an unprepared man and celebrating about it like he won the lottery.

Last edited:
Lmao is all I can say. Volk was much more compromised in the second fight than Islam will ever be in his career. Extreme weight cutting (no time) while out of fight-speed shape. Yes he is in shape compared to average joe because he is a professional athlete. But was he in fight-shape? Absolutely not.

Last edited:
Back