Islam will be even better at WW

andgonsil

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Moicano, Charles, Strickland, Whittaker... all got better moving up

Burns lost to Hooker, but almost became champion at WW

Poatan was knocked out due to severe dehydration. Izzy knows it, that's why he will never fight the rematch at LHW

Walker should been fighting at HW, his natural division, that's the reason he developed a legendary glass chin

Islam was knocked out once and almost lost to a BW. He only looks good when fighting in Middle East. At WW he will be stronger

I think the biggest difference between LW and WW is LW is full of guys waiting to get choked. In Khabib's time it was even worse at least there are guys like Arman in LW now

Islam struggled and almost got finished by a FW.
Im not sure about his future at WW. Unless they allow all his fights to be made in abu dhabi, a mythical place where his strenght, endurance and cardio look truly good

It’s all about matchups, WW has many well rounded grappler-strikers who’d have the size advantage over islam. Also FW>LW is only 10lb difference, LW>WW is a 15 lb difference. I still think he should move up eventually to test himself.

His weight advantage goes away
the takedown threat goes down
his striking gets exposed because of that
they will find his chin

Islam is a top5 WW

I'd like to see how he would do against an adept longer wrassler like shavkat. leon also probably wins by UD if islam doesn't find a way to bridge the distance.

I could definitely see it. I'd like to see Islam vs Leon if Leon can make a quick turnaround for MSG or Abu-Dhabi. That way the potential Shavkat/JDM winner can still get their shot not long after.

An eventually Islam/Shavkat fight in 2025 could be enormous.

He would not become champion if he had to earn it. But almost anybody can win one fight.

I don’t think he beats Edwards, or Shavkat. So I don’t expect him to become a WW champion. Free TS, or not. Which he has not earned, yet.

Shavkat,leon,belal and burns would beat him so bad he would retire

Back