Isn't it obvious that the UFC is prepping the Ferguson/Cerrone winner for Conor?

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Looking at from all perspectives, it just seems like an obvious decision by the ufc. Conor has got his own things to deal with and he only wants khabib, but things got interesting for a while when he was talking about fighting cerrone.

Tony is back though and if you miss out on his hype right now, thats losing money right there. So superdad cerrone wins against iaquinta, tony is back, poirier is fighting khabib, and conor still begging for that khabib fight. Khabib won't play ball until Mcgregor earns it lol

So who wouldn't settle for this option? Out of all the top guys, cerrone and tony are stylistically the best matchups for conor and either would earn him a shot at khabib again. Thats all the ufc wants as well. Winner of tony/cerrone fights conor in october, then winner of that fights khabib/poirier winner in december just like khabib wanted as well. If khabib is still champ by end of year, give the man his gsp fight in April..

Oh man, if everythings works out this way, can you imagine? Im just too excited goddamn it, lightweight giving us some long awaited treats, starting tommorow
dustin-poirier.jpg
Khabi-conor-Tony.jpg
usa_today_11644440.0.jpg

No, I think there's a reason why both him and Gaethje are sitting on the sidelines.

If Ferg beats Cowboy he shouldn't need any more wins before a title shot. Enough is enough ffs.

Yes, everything revolves around Conor and in no way is the LW division moving on. Great thread

:rolleyes:

If Ferg beats Cowboy he shouldn't need any more wins before a title shot. Enough is enough ffs.

He just said in his last interview that the only fights he cares about is either conor or khabib. You really think tony or cerrone would refuse to fight conor?

I don’t think so, at this point Conor ain’t gonn fight for anything but the belt, of he fights for anything at all.

Realistically Conor is never gonna stand and bang with Gaethje and wants nothing to do with Cerrone or TFerg. He had his chance to sign the dotted line against all of these guys and passed hard.

He’s not a fuckin moron he wants money and gold.

I think loser of Ferg Cerrone should fight gaethje. Winner gets a TS against winner of Khabib/poirier and loser of Khabib/Poirier fights Conor. So Poirier/Conor 2 or Khabib/Conor 2.

Conor?

These guys are belt bound.

Conor loses to any top 5 LW. That's why he's hiding, hoping that Nate will allow him to have a trilogy.

That's the plan only if Cowboy wins. McGregor wants no part of Ferguson, even if it was set up as a #1 contender's match. They'll never fight.

I think if Cerrone wins they'll push hard for that fight. If Tony wins, harder to deny him Khabib/Poirier winner

Tony winning means Khabib matchup, no question (assuming Khabib also wins; if Poirier wins, things might be more fluid).

Cerrone winning, yes, good chance that becomes Conor's first fight back.

Maybe if Tony and Khabib both win
If Cowboy wins he'll fight for the title
If Tony wins the UFC will find another way of avoiding booking Khabib X Tony 5

Seems like Dana has something planed. He wouldnt confirm the winner gets a TS.

If Tony wins I hope he gets Khabib, this fight needs to happen. Though Tony vs McGregor would also be a great fight.

If Cowboy wins I hope he gets the money fight vs McGregor. A. Because it's an awesome fight. B. Because Cowboy wouldn't have a hope against Khabib.

Ferg would end Conors career once and for all. No way UFC wants that happening. Better to cash out with a Khabib fight, which makes no sense. Conor stands little chance against anyone who matters at LW right now.

No. They're waiting for Khabib/Porier.

If Porier somehow wins Conor's right back in. Conor has a win over Porier, Tony will unfortunately get skipped again but that's the fight business.

Conor?

These guys are belt bound.

Conor loses to any top 5 LW. That's why he's hiding, hoping that Nate will allow him to have a trilogy.
Gaethje,Dustin and cowboy beat McGregor? Really? All 3 have questionable chins(we know Conor can ko Dustin) and all 3 love to stand, they are very good stylistic matchups for McGregor imo, especially cowboy who loses to almost every competent MMA boxer he faces. Could you explain why he would lose?
Finally McGregor isn’t hiding imo, the only reason he isn’t fighting Donald is because Dana banked on Lesnar returning and thus low balled McGregor with a co main slot, the ESPN deal hasn’t helped either.

Tony winning means Khabib matchup, no question (assuming Khabib also wins; if Poirier wins, things might be more fluid).

Cerrone winning, yes, good chance that becomes Conor's first fight back.
i agree. Cowboy is McGregors best matchup in the top 5, he would definitely take that fight.

Back