Israel Adesanya (19-0) vs. Paulo Costa (13-0)

Israel Adesanya vs. Paulo Costa

• Total voters
I respect the hell out of Styebender for calling a match against the #1 contender. I like a fighting champion.

Costa will single handedly resurrect the old Chute Boxe Academy style.

Izzy is more skilled and craftier on the feet than Costa but Costa is build like a tank and i think his natural athleticism and power will be too much for Izzy. Costa just has that natural ability to put anyones lights out with one shot.
" natural ability " <YeahOKJen>

Watch Costa vs Hall, this will tell you all you need to know.

Much higher level doesn't always mean a fighter will win, especially when talking about higher level strikers in mma. Take a look at fights like Machida/Brunson, Rothwell/Overeem, Saki/Roundtree, Sergei/Ayala, Arlovski/Rogers. List goes on and on.

This statement has been said for years and years about levels and I've come to realize half the time it doesn't mean much cause there are many other variables to consider in a mma fight.
adesanya high level skill has got him the title

There is levels to this shit gotta be most hollow phrase in MMA history.
Very overused now. I don't know if it started in MMA but I'm hearing it now outside of it.

adesanya high level skill has got him the title

Yah and that's great but it doesn't mean he's sure or even favored to beat Costa because he's a "higher level" striker based on his background. The point is that the higher level guy in mma doesn't always win.

Sources told BJPENN.com the two camps are in preliminary talks and a date has been agreed upon: March in Las Vegas.

I don't know who'd win, but stylistically it is an interesting match-up. I'd so much rather see this fight than watch Dhalsim vs. Sagat (Izzy vs. JBJ) because I already know the outcome of that hypothetical "fight".

Jarl

Calling Costa on this one, you can go back to Israel's last fight, I already said he should have fought Costa before getting a title shot. This is assuming Israel will come in with that striking defense he just had in his last fight. lol I don't see either holding the belt for long though, MW is chaotic.

Hard one. Costa cause he's beaten the better competition and cause Israel's come closer to being finished. Also think there was an element of flukiness to how aggressive Whitaker was being last fight. Seemed like he was letting his frustration of not being able to fight the last(however long it was) get the better of him.

The "natty goat" people are annoying af though.

When was the last time we got two undefeated fighters in the title match? I can remember Joanna vs. Karolina, but that's WMMA.

Costa Champing at The Bit

“I respect him,” White said during a recent media scrum. “I respect the fact he wants to fight. ‘I’m ready, I’m ready,’ No, you're not. You’re not a doctor. And then he got some guy who’s his buddy or something to say he’s okay. No, that’s not how this works. I don’t want to push him and make him hurt himself again. Take your time. You’re getting the fight. That fight is gonna happen. Don’t worry about it.

“He’s close, but let’s take our time. The more time the better with that injury. Then he starts throwing up videos of himself hitting the mitts and doing all kinds of crazy sh*t that he probably shouldn’t be doing right now. But he’s a freak athlete too, so who knows. I just don’t want the guy to get hurt again.”

Back