Israel Adesanya NEXT BIG THING 2 of his PPV does 100k each

JAL

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
everyone kept and keep saying Adesanya is the next McGregor lol and both his ppv did 100k this year

I'm pretty sure virtually no one has said that, let alone "everyone".

I think the more common claim is that he's going to be Modern Era Anderson Silva.

Still probably not true, but not an immediately ludicrous statement.

I'm pretty sure virtually no one has said that, let alone "everyone".

I think the more common claim is that he's going to be Modern Era Anderson Silva.

Still probably not true, but not an immediately ludicrous statement.
not his fighting style.. but people kept saying he is gonna be a big star

I don’t think I’ve seen anybody say Adesanya will be the next McGregor. I’ve seen Silva’s name, but I believe it’s in reference to skills, possible future career trajectory, etc.

tenor.gif

everyone kept and keep saying Adesanya is the next McGregor lol and both his ppv did 100k this year
I am sure his mentor Conor will help him get more ppv buys

Probably wanted him to build up then sky rocket

I have a feeling the ESPN+ deal had a lot to do with it. People don't wanna pay monthly just to be able to buy PPVs.

I have a feeling the ESPN+ deal had a lot to do with it. People don't wanna pay monthly just to be able to buy PPVs.

This. When even guys like Brendan Schaub admitted to turning to illegal streams because they couldn't get it to work, then you can't really blame any of the fighters for those shit numbers.

McGregor's fights didnt do too much either until Chad Mendes fight

that card would have easily done over 300k with the old model but sure keep talking shit

No one except connor and sadly brock lesnar do good ppv numbers.. even jones isnt that impressive. And lets be honest... the vast majority stream this shit now. Ive consistently found top quality hd streams for every event within seconds.

Mma is weird . The fanbase doesn't really gravitate towards black fighters. Even dudes like Jones and anderson, who had a ton of finishes and are exciting fighters, sell less than decision gsp and Brock. If Israel were white I'm sure his payperviews would sell more

Edit: it's like how Askren is popular to mma fanbase but his act Is looked upon as corny and lame by blacks and non-whites

Mma is weird . The fanbase doesn't really gravitate towards black fighters. Even dudes like Jones and anderson, who had a ton of finishes and are exciting fighters, sell less than decision gsp and Brock. If Israel were white I'm sure his payperviews would sell more

Edit: it's like how Askren is popular to mma fanbase but his act Is looked upon as corny and lame by blacks and non-whites
Black ppl are more into boxing in general if they even like combat sports in the first place. When you have scummy ppl like DW and their thirst and love for blonde blue eyes ppl like Sage or Paige I can see how they don’t really get into mma. The UFC has great black fighters but they just don’t know how to promote them right. For a company that calls themselves a “promotion,” they sure do suck at actually .. you know .. promoting. They couldn’t turn anyone into a star. Conor was a star on his own and Ronda was the novelty first wmma fighter. Other than that, UFC couldn’t promote shit honestly. They had a guy who defended his belt 11 times and they still couldn’t figure out how to turn him into a star. Fucking clueless.

Israel is popular in other circles more so than on sherdog. Personally I like Askren as a personality but as a fighter I don't really care if i see him fight or not.

I have like zero interest in him, or Michael page. I'm a Lima fan, so that fight intrigues me, but yeah.

Back