Media Israel Adesanya on how Strickland beat him, and what he's grateful for afterwards

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

I lost my last fight because of... So, I got to a point in the fight where, it was the end of the round and I remember looking down. And as I did, I saw driplets of blood and I was like "okay, damn.
He got me all with that jab". Becuase his jab was different, it was something like a hammerfist. He was hitting me with the outer knuckles cause he was in the Philly Shell stance, and BOOM it
was catching me, because off beat/timing. It came unexpected, but still I never lost hope. I went back to the corner and wether it was round 3 or 4 next, whatever it was I was like "right, we
go this round. We must go this round". But even when I asked Eugene before the fifth round "this is the last round, right? Should I just go?" he was like "no, let's be tactical". Because I kind of
was like "fuck it, let's go! If I die, I die." Like go out on your shield, but Euguene was like "no, let's be tactical and nanananana..." and there it got to the point where I realized "okay, this fight's
getting away from me". And it got to a point where I felt like "damn, it's too far gone". He was too far ahead and I just couldn't catch up with our gameplan. Regardless, I never lost hope.
That's the thing, and one thing I'm grateful for with myself as well is I have patience. And that's one thing I want to learn in this game is patience. Patience in the looong run.

i suppose you could look at it that way. but it’s also fair to say that sean had an answer for everything adesanya threw, and adesanya was simply out of questions. maybe izzy’s coach recognized that and wanted prevent to prevent izzy from getting tko’d.

It is mix of few things.
Pressure because it was supposed to be 'free title defense' against easy opponent.
Mindgames by Sean.
Off night performance.

I lost my last fight because of... So, I got to a point in the fight where, it was the end of the round and I remember looking down. And as I did, I saw driplets of blood and I was like "okay, damn.
He got me all with that jab". Becuase his jab was different, it was something like a hammerfist. He was hitting me with the outer knuckles cause he was in the Philly Shell stance, and BOOM it
was catching me, because off beat/timing. It came unexpected, but still I never lost hope. I went back to the corner and wether it was round 3 or 4 next, whatever it was I was like "right, we
go this round. We must go this round". But even when I asked Eugene before the fifth round "this is the last round, right? Should I just go?" he was like "no, let's be tactical". Because I kind of
was like "fuck it, let's go! If I die, I die." Like go out on your shield, but Euguene was like "no, let's be tactical and nanananana..." and there it got to the point where I realized "okay, this fight's
getting away from me". And it got to a point where I felt like "damn, it's too far gone". He was too far ahead and I just couldn't catch up with our gameplan. Regardless, I never lost hope.
That's the thing, and one thing I'm grateful for with myself as well is I have patience. And that's one thing I want to learn in this game is patience. Patience in the looong run.

So he low key blames his coach and gameplan lol, this is when shit starts to go south its like mcnugget blaming his coach when khabib destroyed him

Last edited:
Whatever he needs to tell himself. I wouldn’t bet against him in a rematch. Don’t like him but he has some serious skills. Either way I would like a different champion over those two tho. Both insufferable.

lol no.

Dude needs to not do this nonsense and just admit that he was still trying to put himself back together after what Kape did to him a few days before at that press conference.

He shouldn't have even been allowed to fight after that.

When you're a MW and you get eviscerated by a little FLW like that in front of everybody, it should be an automatic 6 month medical suspension.

I just knew I'd hear some bullshit excuse instead of a legitimate reasoning of why Sean was better than him.

So it was coach's fault. I knew it all along

Sean was a step ahead of him all night.

I do agree the jab was giving him a lot of problems though, along with the teeps and Sean's command of range.

Izzy is the anti George Costanza with the “it’s not me, it’s you” excuse.

I would've told Izzy by the 4th round to start getting a bit reckless. Obviously he had no answer when he was up against the cage and couldn't keep Sean off him.

It's interesting because he describes very well how Strickland wins most of the times.

The opponents don't feel threatened, because it's just jabs so they feel they can just be patient, their time will come and they lose track of the time spent. When they realize they are losing, it's too late.

Sounds like it's time for a new trainer. One that isn't a retard.
Let's keep on the same game plan that lost you every round and nearly knocked out. Brilliant.
Izzy needed dave lovell, somebody to give him the cold hard truth. That man is incredible. Spitting venom and disgust at Leon like he deserved. Its what he needed.
Izzy taking a break was definitely the right decision, he gave up. Didn't want it anymore for some reason

Back