Israel Adesanya vs Alex Pereira 1st Kickboxing Fight was a Robbery

Hog-train

Silver Belt
@red
Reaction score
I feel like people love to hate on Izzy so much that they constantly look for things to criticize him for. He's 3-1 against. But have they actually looked at the Poatan-Izzy kickboxing fights?

IMO, Izzy won this fight. People are just counting it as a loss but they haven't even watched. The entire fight is below. Watch the fight without bias, better yet without sound. Izzy landed more strikes and won the decision IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Izzy fans are so cringe. They root for every Pereira opponent and can’t stand the amount of success the guy has.

PS: A robbery is not possible when a fight is close. This was a close fight that Izzy still couldn’t win.

You're automatically making assumptions. I'm a fan of both Poatan and Izzy. I actually love Poatan's personality more. But I can't take away from Izzy's body of work in MMA.

Did you actually watch the whole fight?

He did not win, sorry my friemd.

Did you watch the fight?

Last edited:
Some of the critizism Izzy faces is definitely based on politics, he's become the "cultural war" target in MMA at the moment BUT that doesnt mean a lot of what he does/says isnt questionable.

I think he did unquestionably duck the third fight with Alex, a fight which would have helped seal his legacy and lessen the earlier kickboxing loses.

As far as those fights go as well I would point out then were not actually during Pereira's best run in kickboxing, at the time he was beating Izzy he was an upper mid level guy, it was only in 2017 that I think he tightened up his game significantly and went on his undefeated run staking a claim for the #1 P4P spot.

Last edited:
Close fights aren't robberies. And yes, I've seen it before.

Honestly “people haven’t seen it” and “watch without sound” just comes across as someone trying to convince themselves.

Every single close fight that see’s the final bell is called a robbery on here.

Yes I’ve seen it and it just didn’t go Izzy’s way, shit happens.

Was a close fight that could have gone either way but the judges gave it to Alex

Guess they thought Izzy didn't do enough to win

Close fights are not robberies

Are people getting paid for these Izzy beat Alex in the first fight posts? We’ve seen these already. We get it. It’s 2-2 and that helps you sleep better. Izzy being 2-2 is your ambien.

I feel like people love to hate on Izzy so much that they constantly look for things to criticize him for. He's 3-1 against. He likes molesting dogs (overblown and stupid). But have they actually looked at the Poatan-Izzy kickboxing fights?

IMO, Izzy won this fight. People are just counting it as a loss but they haven't even watched. The entire fight is below. Watch the fight without bias, better yet without sound. Izzy landed more strikes and won the decision IMO.

1714659305440.jpeg

Man, he doesn't have to love everyone lol. Why should he act happy for the guy if he's genuinely not? At least he's not fake.
Except he was running his mouth about how Jamahal was going to destroy Alex which made him look like the clown he is after the fight.

Izzy landed more strikes and won the decision IMO.

Just curious, how did you score Strickland vs Cannonier?
Or the first round of Rob vs Costa?

Izzy fans are so cringe. They root for every Pereira opponent and can’t stand the amount of success the guy has.

PS: A robbery is not possible when a fight is close. This was a close fight that Izzy still couldn’t win.
That's how it works, Khabib fans root for every Conor opponent vice versa

Hasn't this debate been beaten into the ground a billion times already now?

Back