Israel Adesanya vs Khamzat Chimaev to headline UFC Saudi Arabia on June 22 | UPDATE: Apparently not true

Who wins?

• Total voters
I think Khamzat will get him out of there early. Vettori was able to take Izzy's back fairly easily.

Seems like BS (for now), but this would be an excellent fight. Khamzat cant dream of hanging with Izzy on the feet, but I will be curious to see how Izzy's grappling defense is. I am sure he has been working on it, but if he can defend competently on the ground, he should have a field day picking Khamzat apart on the feet later in the fight.

I can also see a complete 2 round mauling by Khamzat. The main question in this fight is Izzy's TD and BJJ defense.

Despite it being fake, it wouldn't surprise me if this was close to the actual main event they put on. They'll stack this June card sadly.

Yep it seems highly realistic to me. Definitely think it's gonna be Chimaev vs someone.

Despite it being fake, it wouldn't surprise me if this was close to the actual main event they put on. They'll stack this June card sadly.

Cannonier vs Chimaev is the fight to make as the Saudi Arabia headliner.

Still this is basically a very rare thing they do. A clear exception to the normal way they do things. Any examples for fights from 2021-2023 you can produce?

We knew O'Malley vs Vera 2 was going to be next as soon as O'Malley won the belt. Very different than some alleged out of nowhere fight like Adesanya-Chimaev which doesn't even make sense when DDP-Adesanya is clearly the priority to make.

Still this is basically a very rare thing they do. A clear exception to the normal way they do things. Any examples for fights from 2021-2023 you can produce?

We knew O'Malley vs Vera 2 was going to be next as soon as O'Malley won the belt. Very different than some alleged out of nowhere fight like Adesanya-Chimaev which doesn't even make sense when DDP-Adesanya is clearly the priority to make.

I do think you are right, in a way. It all changed during COVID, and it seems they are okay with announcing fights later than they used to.

Sorry, I don't mean to pick on you. I see sherdoggers claim things all the time without evidence to back it up. I was just being disagreeable out of boredom.

I think the typical timing for UFC now is 3 months out... They usually have a main event by then

I do think you are right, in a way. It all changed during COVID, and it seems they are okay with announcing fights later than they used to.

Sorry, I don't mean to pick on you. I see sherdoggers claim things all the time without evidence to back it up. I was just being fussy

Fair enough, you've proved your point it happens time to time. Definitely an infrequent thing though, seems like there's only a couple fights per year booked that far ahead & it's typically the obvious ones like O'Malley vs Vera 2 & Jones vs Miocic that we knew were likely to happen.

I think ur discounting UFC pettiness (if DDP is truly holding out for UFC Africa). They would do chimaev vs adesanya if both parties agree, imo

They are saying its fake and made up, however you can probably clear this up for us yourself anyway by going and allowing Khamzat and Adesanya to take a selfie pic with you. Once you post the pic let us know if they are fighting each other.

Remember Adesanya is 6'4'' so stand a bit closer to the camera angle so you can appear towering over him please, I get upset if any MMA fighters are taller than sherdoggers, it puts me right off

Back