Israel Weighs in at 200.5

Izzy forgot to take a shit, he'll be actually a lot less than that.

Izzy got this. Gonna be untouchable. 2nd rd KO victory for him.

At least the idiots who believed he doesn't cut weight at 185 will shut up now.

Mike Tyson's weight was around 95 kg when he was in his prime and beat up 20 - 25 kg heavier and 10 - 15 cm taller guys.

90 kg - 95 kg is a big boi weight and enough to beat anyone. everything below is lw.
He was 99-100 kg

Floyd and manny done this in boxing, obviously jones jr too at hw

It's true greatness to fight at your walk around weight

If he was a pound or 2 under, you could say he cut a little more weight to look lighter, but not 5 pounds

I think he gets it done

Israel and Nunes will lose.

I'm kinda on the fence about Yan.

But those 2, they are getting their asses whooped.

Get a bet on bro,you will get good odds

I think izzy is special and gets it done, but who knows? Jan is a big dude and it only takes a heavy shot

What use would mere weight be for Izzy? If he had a couple of years to condition his body for HW, it could make sense. But under the circumstances just being heavier wouldn't translate to an advantage, since speed is what he needs most.

Do you have any source for that with DC? That seems unlikely to me based on his previous kidney problems.
Google DC weight in and cage weight. It was weird, but as i said, fighters are creatures of habit.

Mike Tyson's weight was around 95 kg when he was in his prime and beat up 20 - 25 kg heavier and 10 - 15 cm taller guys.

90 kg - 95 kg is a big boi weight and enough to beat anyone. everything below is lw.

Good post, but mike was closer to 100kg in his prime and he didn't beat up guys that heavy. Most were under 105kg

For a young man under 6 foot he was a specimen

you do understand jan cuts weight, right?

Yes and you don't really believe Israel didn't dehydrate at all do you?

Even DC at HW would dehydrate a bit for no functional reason at all.

Optically Izzy "looks better" for weighing below the limit, so if he can shed 15 lbs of water without impacting his performance of course he will.

Anderson Silva weighed in at 198.5 against DC, and that was without any training let alone training camp.

Anderson was 198 vs Cormier

That also put to bed the stupid BS myth that Anderson was Huge and was 230 Ibs which was rumored many times on here as to why no one in MW could beat him at the time. Anderson showed up on 2 days notice with a gut and was 198, that says everything. He is skinny in person, Anderson is not a big guy at all, he is skinny in real.
He had literally 0 training for that fight and weighed in at a surprisingly light weight.

Mike didn't have to worry about bigger guys grabbing him and dragging him to the mat where his striking is pointless and now he's getting smashed.

Izzy starving himself on purpose for a nice excuse post-fight after realizing he bit off more than he could chew.

Undisputed pound for pound with a victory.

Only a fool would argue.
For sure if Jan had more than 0 defenses/was recurring champ/KOd Jones instead of Reyes. Otherwise Kamaru has a strong case among current active champs.

Back