It doesn't matter if Robbie Lawler was out or not!

Raksas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's a fact that he WASN'T out when Herb stopped the fight so it remains a shit stoppage and a robbery no matter how you try to spin it. Also there's no way for us to know for sure whether or not he was out at one point. An arm that appears to be limp for a fraction of a second isn't enough to tell for sure. All we know for sure is that he was awake when Herb stopped it which means Robbie was robbed.

PzMINSTR_kxBOUII7HYbcNZKVmicdBZlHiUd3ZnHZmRdnI1Et3tSZLCw8ohioBOus9utL0k0ARm34VIo07MxrfFNyctJpxAdNb0_uWtJE87Q1rNZ37g3lZpOCkLt2aG1K3d_sdtQyyoCnjHS1HNU=w320-h178-nc

The Funk train keeps rollin

It's a fact that he WASN'T out when Herb stopped the fight so it remains a shit stoppage and a robbery no matter how you try to spin it. Also there's no way for us to know for sure whether or not he was out at one point. An arm that appears to be limp for a fraction of a second isn't enough to tell for sure. All we know for sure is that he was awake when Herb stopped it which means Robbie was robbed.

Thank you for your uninformed opinion, however useless it might be...

USATSI_12274850_168382968_lowres.jpg

giphy.gif

he was out before he stood up

Let me guess. You're just going to keep on talking out of your ass without providing any evidence that he was right?
FatDisfiguredIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

This is evidence that he wasn't out when Herb stopped the fight

I'm no fan of Herb Dean, but this one was a hard call for anyone.

I don't think that's how the rules work (though admittedly I don't know for sure).

I think if a ref sees a guy go out at any point he's required to stop the fight. Let's say the ref sees a guy go out (becuae of a choke or he gets KO'd) and slips trying to dive in and stop it. By the time he scrambles up and gets on there, the guy has woken up and isn't out. That's still a justified stoppage I think.

Robbie's arm dropping like that and then sort of wobbling sure looked like he was out for a second. Herb has f'd up some fights. First time I saw it last night I thought he did again but after seeing it a few more times I think he was okay on this one.

Not saying it wasn't. Doesn't mean it wasn't a robbery though. The fact remains that Robbie was fully conscious when the fight got stopped.

I think if a ref sees a guy go out at any point he's required to stop the fight.

Robbie wasn't out though when he stopped it or was he?. That's exactly my point

Let me guess. You're just going to keep on talking out of your ass without providing any evidence that he was right?
FatDisfiguredIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

This is evidence that he wasn't out when Herb stopped the fight
the evidence is his arm going limp and the ref stopping the fight.

the evidence is his arm going limp and the ref stopping the fight.

I think your only "evidence" is is that you would like to inhale Askrens sweaty nut fragrance and aren't interested in an honest conversation

If he wasn't out, he was going out, and pretty soon. Simple as that.

Agreed.

Herb had a terrible angle of view (due to the cage blocking where he needed to be), saw Robbie’s arms go limp, Robbie wasn’t responding verbally and he made the call.

In hindsight, we know it was the wrong call. But in the moment he errored on the side of protecting Robbie.
I’m okay with it.

Give Herb a break, man. Everyones been hard on the poor guy.

I think your only "evidence" is is that you would like to inhale Askrens sweaty nut fragrance and aren't interested in an honest conversation
nah I dislike Askren, boring wrestler, but it was the most exciting fight on the card imo

Jew fro would still have won.

Back