It doesn't matter if Robbie Lawler was out or not!

Looks like herb woke Robbie up when he touched him
That would be irrelevant. Herb did not stop the fight when Robbies arm appears to go limp. Herb decided to test Robbies arm to see if it was limp and failed to observe the results. This fight needs to be ruled a nc

Askren's greasy fro was able to slip Robbie's punches. Make Funky shave his head and rematch Lawler. Bald Ben would have lost by KO.
#factsfuckers

just a matter of time before Ben burnt out his arms.
I'll be here all day!

When have you ever seen Ben burn out his arms, or gas in any way when he’s choking someone?
He was crushing Robbie’s jaw, that fight was done.

I dont care if was out or not, the fact is that hè was going Out if it lasted 15 seconds longer, You cant get out of that choke.

Only person who got robbed was Ben Askren. He was robbed of a clean choke out because Herb couldn’t wait a few seconds to smell the soiled pants of an unconscious Robbie and now UFC shills want to run back their years of shit talk about the Funk.

That would be irrelevant. Herb did not stop the fight when Robbies arm appears to go limp. Herb decided to test Robbies arm to see if it was limp and failed to observe the results. This fight needs to be ruled a nc

Its relevant because it shows Robbie was out

When have you ever seen Ben burn out his arms, or gas in any way when he’s choking someone?
He was crushing Robbie’s jaw, that fight was done.

You cant say that for sure Robbie said in the presser he was waiting to explode again, I believe he was robbed of that chance.........

the evidence is his arm going limp and the ref stopping the fight.
He didn't stop the fight when the arm went limp though.
Just like a punch that rocks a guy and he wakes up before he completey crumbles.
It's a hard call for Herb, obviously, but he stopped the fight when he shouldn't have. Robbie was awake again when the fight was stopped

It actually does matter if a fighter is unconcious

It's a fact that he WASN'T out when Herb stopped the fight so it remains a shit stoppage and a robbery no matter how you try to spin it. Also there's no way for us to know for sure whether or not he was out at one point. An arm that appears to be limp for a fraction of a second isn't enough to tell for sure. All we know for sure is that he was awake when Herb stopped it which means Robbie was robbed.

It's one of worse bad calls in a long time. Herb fu#$ked up. Hopefully Dana makes the rematch and things are set straight one way or the other.

Uh no. It without a doubt showed that Robbie was fine. Herb failed to see the results he tested for.

No it shows that Robbie only woke up because herb touched him. Like I said, Robbie was getting subbed anyway.

We've seen dudes go out and get punched back into concsiousness....tell me more about how those shouldn't be stopped. Christ

The real problem IMO is that the judge cant reverse a call after realizing its a bad call.

That is the stupidest fucking thing I can imagine. Sometimes we create rules that are like shooting ourselves in our own foot.

No it shows that Robbie only woke up because herb touched him. Like I said, Robbie was getting subbed anyway.

It’s almost as though nobody in sherdog land has ever been asleep and then woken up when someone touches them.

He didn't stop the fight when the arm went limp though.
Just like a punch that rocks a guy and he wakes up before he completey crumbles.
It's a hard call for Herb, obviously, but he stopped the fight when he shouldn't have. Robbie was awake again when the fight was stopped
he did stop the fight after checking the limp arm lol

Nobody's opinion matters in MMA except for the refs and the judges***. We could go on page after page and nothing will change that.

*** well maybe the USADA also :)

I know people care calling for a immediate rematch, but Ben has nothing to prove. That choke ended the fight. No way Robbie was getting out of that.

It matters because these tiny details are significant in critical decision making for a ref.

Here's two things I personally believed happened;
1, Robbie appeared to go limp for a very brief time.
2, Robbie was in full control of the situation at the point herb intervened.

There's no point in everyone arguing about it.
The decision was questionable at the point of intervention but also Robbies arm hit the canvas in a limp fashion beforehand.
In MMA decisions sometimes frustrate us but at the end of the day the refs primary concern is fighter safety.

Here's hoping a rematch ends with a ruthless KO

Back