It is apparent that the average American does not understand the President's job..

mixmastermo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've been following this board, and reading political pieces for years, and one thing that always gets on my nerves is when people place the blame on the President.

There is a thread on here about Obama's immigration policy- implying that problems with the policy are strictly Barack Obama's fault. I heard something the other day about mass incarcerations due to policies enacted during the Clinton presidency. Not too long ago we had a serious recession and everyone was looking to blame Bush..

It seems that people don't understand that the President is not all-powerful. Presidential nominees run on these campaigns making all kinds of promises, yet, each proposal would have to pass through Congress.

Whether people are voting because they "want to make America great again" or whether they want to see "a political revolution come", in the end they will be disappointed with the results four years later when their nominee only manages to enact a handful of those campaign promises.

The media is fully aware of people's ignorance of our government's system of checks and balances, and they make it even worse by giving so much time to presidential elections and practically ignoring local races and the races for Congress and the Senate.

Does this bother anyone else?

For the most part, the office was created to appease a significant portion of the population that 'needed' a Monarch.

As with most, if not all, presidential elections; the real losers are the people that believe their vote is a mechanism for change.

The right has been blaming the black guy for almost 8 years... Everything that is bad about this country is his fault and everything that's good just happened by circumstance. Although according to many on the right there is literally nothing good about this country and it needs to be made great again by a buffoon who knows nothing about running a country

For the most part, the office was created to appease a significant portion of the population that 'needed' a Monarch.

As with most, if not all, presidential elections; the real losers are the people that believe their vote is a mechanism for change.
Well, that and a Nation "needs" a "leader" who "makes decisions".

This is mostly a conservative problem. This is also why if the right does not pivot they will continue to get their clock cleaned in every presidential election.
The right wing media, only narrative is too blame the left. NOw their is nothing wrong with that but no alternative ideas were presented. This has turned the right into a bunch of whiney bitches that their heroes like Regan would be embarrassed to be associated with. It is fucking sad, they blew this election. I mean that they can not even put up a candidate that can beat Shillary. Let that sink in. The worst candidate of my lifetime is running against the other worst candidate of my lifetime. I thought for sure the GOP would win the presidency, but their media blew it for them. My GOD, to think they will lose to Shillary is pathetic. I would be like not getting laid in a whorehouse.
The GOP needs to do better and change the narrative from sore losers to presenting alternative ideas.
Cliffs
The rights narrative of blaming Obama, has turned them into whiney losers.

It doesn't bother me that much when people blame or credit the president with the overall state of the country. It just gets really stupid when they try to blame every little specific thing on the president like gas prices, crime, spilled cheetos etc.

057.gif

It doesn't bother me that much when people blame or credit the president with the overall state of the country. It just gets really stupid when they try to blame every little specific thing on the president like gas prices, crime, spilled cheetos etc.

057.gif

Easier to blame the black guy then their own shitty decisions

It doesn't bother me...any more. Most Americans don't understand the President or Congress. And they barely acknowledge that they have state governments at all.

It doesn't bother me...any more. Most Americans don't understand the President or Congress. And they barely acknowledge that they have state governments at all.
So how come it doesn't bother you?

Know what bothers me? I read an article the other day about how something like only 10% of the population participates regularly in congressional elections. A large portion of the people in this 10% hold strong partisan views.

This very vocal and active minority is making decisions that impact that majority that is either misinformed or does not pay attention.

Here is the article

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-political-process-isnt-rigged-it-has-much-bigger-problems/

3. Primaries have become the new general elections — The Cook Political Report currently rates just 37 of 435 House seats as competitive this fall, less than 9 percent of the House. As a result, primary elections have become tantamount to general elections in the vast majority of seats. Because primaries are held on many different dates, they tend to generate less national attention and attract disproportionate shares of hardcore, ideological party activists to the polls.

In 2014, only 14.6 percent of eligible voters participated in congressional primaries — a record low, according to the Center for the Study of the American Electorate. That means a tiny fraction of voters who are the most hardened partisans are essentially electing more than 90 percent of members of Congress. And these low-turnout primaries are often easy prey for ideological interest groups who demand purity.

Last edited:

Know what bothers me? I read an article the other day about how something like only 10% of the population participates regularly in congressional elections. A large portion of the people in this 10% hold strong partisan views.

This very vocal and active minority is making decisions that impact that majority that is either misinformed or does not pay attention.

Here is the article

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-political-process-isnt-rigged-it-has-much-bigger-problems/

3. Primaries have become the new general elections — The Cook Political Report currently rates just 37 of 435 House seats as competitive this fall, less than 9 percent of the House. As a result, primary elections have become tantamount to general elections in the vast majority of seats. Because primaries are held on many different dates, they tend to generate less national attention and attract disproportionate shares of hardcore, ideological party activists to the polls.

In 2014, only 14.6 percent of eligible voters participated in congressional primaries — a record low, according to the Center for the Study of the American Electorate. That means a tiny fraction of voters who are the most hardened partisans are essentially electing more than 90 percent of members of Congress. And these low-turnout primaries are often easy prey for ideological interest groups who demand purity.

That is sad. Then I got even sadder when I realized that I've never voted in a congressional primary. Most people don't even know who their representatives even are.

Here is the article

This pisses me off as well. Why does the US not have national voting holidays? Really makes no sense

The right has been blaming the black guy for almost 8 years... Everything that is bad about this country is his fault and everything that's good just happened by circumstance. Although according to many on the right there is literally nothing good about this country and it needs to be made great again by a buffoon who knows nothing about running a country

sw50sw8sw578.gif

This is very evident every Presidential election cycle when the alarmist come out of the woodwork and say things like "if Trump gets elected, I'm moving" or acting as if the nominee of the opposing party is going to end the world if elected.

These people really think the President has absolute power or something. Just look at this War Room and take note of the many people who actually think (and either support or are afraid) that Trump is going to accomplish his most egregious claims.

Back