It just doesn't feel the same anymore guys...

Yeah, no USADA. Fights really never fell apart and very few injuries. I think I have now been on sherbrah for a decade.

UFC biggest failure was getting USDA involved in there sport looking back now I bet they wouldn’t of wanted them hindsight is 20/20.

I watched GSP vs Bisping in an oilfield camp movie room in Canada with about 75 other dudes.

First round the whole room was cheering and yelling feeling GSP taking the edge.

Round two even tho most of the people in that room where casuals at best... they where all Canadians... as the round went on and Bisping started to take over you could feel the worry rising and the hope lowering as GSP was appearing to gas and Bisping was taking over.

Round 3 this hopelessness and disappointment continued to rise and you could feel the tension in the room...

Then the left hook from heaven happened...

The entire theater was on there feet in an instant, screaming, stomping, hiting walls etc

This energy continued to crescendo as GSP took Bispings back and started working the choke...

When Bisping taped the entire room was shaking, complete strangers where hugging and high fiving each other.

I was trying not to cry, growing up with GSP as my hero in my teens/early adulthood.

The next day everyone on site was talking about it and even the hundreds who didn't attend where talking about how they thought there was an earthquake because the entire 600 man camp was shaking during that 3rd round...

I also cried at a bar proudly when Gabriel ko'd Cro Cop with that head kick because in that moment I truley knew anything was possible.

Casuals will never understand these kinds of things.

War GSP
War Bisping
War Gabriel Gonzaga
War Cro Cop
War MMA
I think some of us cried too when Gonzaga knocked out Crocop.....just for different reasons

I think some of us cried too when Gonzaga knocked out Crocop.....just for different reasons
I have never felt shittier after a fight. Watching Mirko go down like that...shouldn't have happened.

You are as old as you feel. You said it yourself. I agree with some of your points, but still I think you shouldn't feel old. You have some younger friends, girls are still interested. These are more important things than f.e. recent music, which is mostly bullshit anyways to be honest.

Hey man, much appreciated. You’re a good guy. And you’re right, I recognize that in a lot of ways I should still be grateful for the youthful elements I still have. Besides, when I was young I was stupid, selfish, and didn’t know how to fight. I’ll take that trade.

Thanks bro. And cool AV. Naked Gun is an all time classic.

UFC 84 was pretty stacked, and delivered well too.
Meh, on paper you had 3, maybe 4 guys who were top 10. Compare it to one of the pride shockwave or Grand Prix events and it doesn’t come close.

Having one event a month sucked, it sucked dirty asshole.

Hey man, much appreciated. You’re a good guy. And you’re right, I recognize that in a lot of ways I should still be grateful for the youthful elements I still have. Besides, when I was young I was stupid, selfish, and didn’t know how to fight. I’ll take that trade.

Thanks bro. And cool AV. Naked Gun is an all time classic.

Thank you very much for your words, mate. Again, in many ways I feel the same as you. Hold your head high, life is good.

UFC has been boring for quite some time now and the WMMA has made it so amateurish and hard to watch.

I still like MMA, but its not the same. Sherdog is the GOAT though, you guys keep the sport alive for me

I think it was because it was one main ppv per month and they stacked the card. Also, when the buildup was happening there was so much marketing and so much hype. I think now it's good because we have more fight nights but I think the ppvs now are way worse then before and I think the way their going they should get rid of ppvs all together

Rogan/ Goldberg

1 badass card a month, stacked from top to bottom, even the prelims

You were hyped all month for it, anticipation building day by day before fight night.

Every Hooters/ BWW packed with fight fans cheering with you. Half hour waits for a table, standing room only, by the time the main event came around.

Spider, Rampage, BJ, GSP, Chuck, Bisping, Rich Franklin, Hendo, Shogun, Bork, Big Nog etc

There was something magical about the spectacle back then, that just isn't there anymore.

Anyone remember those days?

source.gif
It's just the grass was greener kind of shite. Stop whining old man.

UFC biggest failure was getting USDA involved in there sport looking back now I bet they wouldn’t of wanted them hindsight is 20/20.

Kind of agree with this, maybe thats part of it. With USADA, these dudes just seem like regular people fighting, and the fights mostly suck. without USADA, they were like superheroes.

The other part is the shit cards. Aside from UFC 239, I can't be bothered with these upcoming garbage cards, I'd literally rather just play ps4 and go to sleep early.

Fuck you, all I remember about those days is events being waaaay too far apart. Do not want to go back to that.

Rogan/ Goldberg

1 badass card a month, stacked from top to bottom, even the prelims

You were hyped all month for it, anticipation building day by day before fight night.

Every Hooters/ BWW packed with fight fans cheering with you. Half hour waits for a table, standing room only, by the time the main event came around.

Spider, Rampage, BJ, GSP, Chuck, Bisping, Rich Franklin, Hendo, Shogun, Bork, Big Nog etc

There was something magical about the spectacle back then, that just isn't there anymore.

Anyone remember those days?

source.gif
That's racist.

Fuck you, all I remember about those days is events being waaaay too far apart. Do not want to go back to that.
One big night of great fights per month and maybe one Fight Night a month or every two months was preferable to an event almost every week with maybe one fight you give a shit about.

IMO

One big night of great fights per month and maybe one Fight Night a month or every two months was preferable to an event almost every week with maybe one fight you give a shit about.

IMO
nobody is making you have to like every card. you can still watch 1-2 cards a month like before :) now there's more to choose from, for a bigger audience

Back