It sucks to be a BJ Penn Fan, But it's AWESOME to be a Shogun fan

I like Gus a lot, how he carried himself and how he fought were great. If I had to see Shogun lose, i'm glad that it was to him. I think Gus looks up to Shogun too.

No question. I actually do like Shogun a lot and respect him, but, some of his fans ruin it for me ;)

ha ha

im with jan.:icon_chee

That's what I'm talking about.

The gus/shogun fight was incredible, just as the hendo one was too - I'll be the first to admit I always hate on Shogun fans because they always think they are going to see his 'rebirth' each fight...but he looked the best I've seen him in a long time the other weekend. So props for that.

Being a BJ fan has sucked since UFC 118.

I disagree, I thought BJ looked great against Fitch and really good against Diaz for the first five minutes. He's just fighting guys much bigger than himself. The Macdonald fight is the only time he's been embarrassed imo.

I hate seeing him gas out in every fight. I don't know why he never corrects his cardio issue. He looked great working with Marinovich even in the 4th and 5th rounds. I'm a huge fan of his, but he needs to train like that again or choose his fights more carefully.

It's not like he is just purposely ignoring his cardio issues. I'm sure he has did what he could to work on his cardio, sometimes ppl gas during fights no matter how hard they trained, it happens. Plus it could be his past knee issues as well.

The difference is that even if shogun was getting dominated as bj was he would try the entire time right until the last second while bj tends to give up mentally. Its easier to cheer someone who doesn't give up.

And Ya it was a close back and forth fight ts but still frustrating time shogun fans as we know he is capable of so Much more

Gus has a chin, he did get clipped a few times. Shogun doesn't vary his attack anymore, its always a right hand or right uppercut, or he's looking for a takedown.

Back