It was a fluke. Cheetos got lucky the first time. Suga is UNDEFEATED

The intend was to damage the muscle and impair mobility not to shut down a nerve with a toe

So the intend was not the result

So it was indeed a lucky finish

That's fair to say but didn't O'Malley's leg wilt 2 fights before that against the muay thai guy?

Clearly his legs are brittle. He was even grabbing his leg at the end of this fight but then brushed it off.

Sean's striking defense has improved a lot. When he fought Chito the first time he moved straight back with his head on center and it cost him. Tonight he slipped a lot of strikes and circled out routinely. That made a huge difference with how cleanly Chito was able to land. Sean has clearly improved more since they met previously.

The intend was to damage the muscle and impair mobility not to shut down a nerve with a toe

So the intend was not the result

So it was indeed a lucky finish
Sean didn't tap to the nerve. He got hurt from something Chito did and was finished on the ground.
The better fighter doesn't always win. That's why they fight. It's like saying Everytime someone who is outclassed lands a bomb to win it's a fluke. That's dumb.

The better fighter doesn't always win. That's why they fight. It's like saying Everytime someone who is outclassed lands a bomb to win it's a fluke. That's dumb.
This. Look at the major team sports as another example. Bottom of the league teams beat top of the league teams rather often. May not be the better team but doesn’t invalidate their wins.

You are an idiot if you think that. Can you explain how it was a fluke?

Its the very definition of a fluke. Pre this weekend we had
- Has O'Malley ever shown in the slightest any vulnerability at all in his UFC career to calf kicks?
- In the fight Chito was getting lit up til he landed the calf kick
- and the question of.... is this repeatable?

Now we have
- full 5 rounds, according to you it wasn't a fluke, yet Chito didn't come close to landing anything of the sort - thats all he had to do? land that calf kick right... cause it wasn't a fluke ;)
- with no fluke leg kick to stop it, the fight played out the same way the first was headed.

Now what is absolutely brilliant, is that not only as a sherdogger your take is so bad that its actually the polar opposite of reality, that you actually call someone else an idiot.

Only idiot here is you my friend, and thats solidified by your sherdog brownbelt

It's not a fluke in the sense that Chito threw the kick to do damage but it is a fluke in the sense that you can't replicate a leg kick doing damage to a nerve and shutting down someone's foot. It happens but it's not very common.

You are an idiot if you think that. Can you explain how it was a fluke?
If your only path to victory is to hit the lottery on a leg kick, it is a fluke.
Legit win, but you could not base any prediction for the rematch on that.

Its indeed a tough pill to swallow. Probably basing all your confidence on the fact that you beat the guy once,and he just completley outclasses you over 5.

So he threw a strike trying to slow down or immobilize his opponent so he can land shots easier, does that exact thing and it's a fluke?

Is every knockout with a jab a fluke in your eyes too?

*Sean is a great fighter but you guys defending him getting finished in 20 seconds on the ground is hilarious to me.

What's hilarious is that you can't understand that fluke doesn't mean unintended result, but an unlikely outcome.

Chito plucking a toe into Sean's nerve at the tail end of a kick and numbing his leg temporarily is an extremely anomalous occurrence, even if Chito intended to throw that kick.

The fight today shows that the two are levels apart in ability.

so apparently O'Malley injured his leg again in the Chito fight:

I noticed he was grabbing it after the fight ended.

How can anyone call the first fight a fluke when this is the 3rd time he injured his leg in a UFC fight?

some dudes have brittle body parts, this is clearly 1 of his kryptonites

no, chito is one of the most elite fighters in the division. his vision power endurance and durability are absolute top of the top. chitos win was legit. that being said. O'malley continues to prove he is that guy. always a gift to watch fight despite how I may feel about him personally. incredible performance. could have easily taken round 5 off and went forward the whole time. the guy is a born fighter.
Vision? Please elaborate. I say this about Volkanovski all the time, but I've never considered spacial awareness to be one of Chotos assets. It's almost like Volk has a 360 field of vision. Can't say the same for Chito, he constantly shells up and misses shots (misses openings).

Vision? Please elaborate. I say this about Volkanovski all the time, but I've never considered spacial awareness to be one of Chotos assets. It's almost like Volk has a 360 field of vision. Can't say the same for Chito, he constantly shells up and misses shots (misses openings).
up until the Sean fight chitos ability to roll with punches and mitigate damage as well as landing big shots after seeing and analyzing his opponents is elite. Chitos problem is he gets caught waiting and watching too often and seems risk adverse which is ridiculous considering how durable he is and how amazing his cardio is. He believes and relies on his ability to see his opponent and pick a big moment but it occasionally doesn't come especially when fighters don't give him time to analyze what he's seeing. Sean's ability and technique especially his footwork angles and stance switches didn't allow chito to see where shots would be coming from.

Back