Its a shame that Machida fought counter nearly all his career

yekmurat

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He could easily demolish nearly all his opponents on the stand up but he chose that counter style for years and years

He lucky got that win. Chael was shooting without any setup.

Bellator probabl doesnt have the same drug testing too

I agree

He was mostly boring as fuck

Bandwagon got going when he knocked out Rashad

Lyoto's father said Lyoto differs from himself and Chinzo in that they have a more aggressive style while Lyoto's is more defensive, so it is part of the family style.

Boring Machida pffff

I disagree, way more boring fighters than Machida.

I never said he topped the leaderboard
That award FIRMLY goes to Corey Anderson

But he was always very hit and miss

I never said he topped the leaderboard
That award FIRMLY goes to Corey Anderson

But he was always very hit and miss
Is he more boring than Elias? They're both pretty damn boring

His counter style got him undefeated then he changed his style to please ufc

He looked old and stiff. I'm a Machida fan. I don't want to admit the guy might be heading for knockout losses soon that he doesn't necessarily need to take. I think Bader will maul him this time.

OR- you could look at it the other way- if his karate type style wasnt so successful, he wouldve been blasted a long long time ago and the "1 fight" "machida era" wouldve never been.

Last night was silly. Sonnen is fighting for $$$- and its obvious. Carvalho not getting decision vs Machida was just wrong.

He could easily demolish nearly all his opponents on the stand up but he chose that counter style for years and years
His inside boxing especially defense is garbage. He’d get KOd constantly if he abandoned his countering style.

He actually switched to a more aggressive style after he KOd Rashad. He started losing every other fight after that too.

Machida is only good because of his karate footwork. THe less of it he uses the more he loses

He didn't knew how to force opponents to overextended. That was his main flaw.

An advanced counter-puncher can fight moving forward, a la McGregor.

Back