It's good that UFC 215 and 216 had such low PPV numbers

Is the NBA doomed because people don't like 5'3" basketball? The NFL doomed because people don't like 6th grade football?

You missed my point completely and your examples are kind of ... crap.

My point wasn't literally that the UFC is actually dying. I was simply saying that if the average fan actually was as ignorant as the OP generally makes them sound, then the sport is not sustainable. I do not actually think those views (most of them anyway - there are a few good points - sort of) really represent the average fan.

I think it's hilarious how every1 is like "I don't like watching manlets fight" when in boxing "manlets" are the biggest draw...

Agreed. There are plenty of smaller fighters (I won't call them "manlets" - they'd still beat the shit out of 99% of the people calling them that - regardless of any size difference) who people actually like to watch. You don't hear people screaming about Dom or Cody being on a card for example. Personally, I really like watching MM work. I think he's (arguably) the P4P GOAT, and I always enjoy his fights. He does lack charisma though, so I can also understand why people have trouble getting behind him. You have to appreciate his actual skill because his personality doesn't quite "shine" on the mic. That's a pretty big leap for most folks to make sadly. So instead they just say "lol manlet" and leave it that. Which sucks.

I gree with you but at the same time UFC need those fights.
What they are doing wrong IMO is the schedule of the cards

If you have Conor main eventing, instead of putting another "recognized" name as co main event (Woodley, Rumble, Miesha) you should put MM or Cody there to get some viewers on them.

I mean, imagine if 1M+ viewers would have watched that MM's slam-to-armbar, I'd believe at least 1/4 of those viewers could be interesed on watching that guy again

I agree that the UFC needs *some* of those fights. The issue isn't necessarily that those fights happen - it's more that those fights became the actual business model at some point, when they should have been the exception. Agree w/you completely about your scheduling points.

UFC 216 was a solid card, unfortunately for success they have to pander to the casuals.
The idea of fight fans not enjoying 216 is very telling about the people who call themselves fight fans.

Back