Media It's Not Over Until I Win - Izzy

Literally...
<36>

4 tries to beat Alex and then when he finally wins one he doesn't want to give him a rematch.
I said it before the fight

Whoever loses will move up

It's the smartest move that can be made

This came to mind:
09pacquiao-2-jumbo.jpg

That's how Michael Jordan used to do shooting contests in practice.

He'd make the team late for their bus rides to the arena for games or for plane rides trying to end on a win.

Izzy already tried that and got dominated so it wouldnt have been a great thing lol.
Dominated would be a massive stretch

I don't think that was a matter of Izzy not being able to beat him

He just didn't move up correctly. Thinking he could just move up without actually gaining any weight and win by skill.

Obviously weight classes exist for a reason

That being said, I think the current LHW division Is ripe for the taking. Both of them would beat the vast majority of LHWs imo

“It’s not over until I win” = I don’t want to deal with Pereira again. Seems like Izzy just wants to hit and run. Pereira could’ve said “It’s not over until I win” and be done with it. Pereira is not scared of a threat.

That's how Michael Jordan used to do shooting contests in practice.

He'd make the team late for their bus rides to the arena for games or for plane rides trying to end on a win.
Goat mentality, but Izzy doesn’t have that

Dominated would be a massive stretch

I don't think that was a matter of Izzy not being able to beat him

He just didn't move up correctly. Thinking he could just move up without actually gaining any weight and win by skill.

Obviously weight classes exist for a reason

That being said, I think the current LHW division Is ripe for the taking. Both of them would beat the vast majority of LHWs imo
It was in fact a matter of him not being able to beat him. He didnt ”do it correctly” because he wanted to exploit the chance to fight, what many believed was the weakest LHW champ in 13 years. Still couldnt pull it off and hasnt even looked closely at attempting anything like it again.

This came to mind:
09pacquiao-2-jumbo.jpg

Hah. Yeah except Marquez had a great case for even winning their first bout despite getting knocked down three times in the first round. The third is considered a wholesale robbery by most.

Of course Izzy would say that

Now that Izzy was able to get 1 win out 4 attempts vs Alex, Izzy will beg for the UFC to force Alex to move to 205 ensuring that he will never face again just in case Alex beats him again

Izzy knows he got very lucky with that fluke win and will duck the rematch

To be fair - Marquez won every fight before that if judging wasn't corrupt.
Hah. Yeah except Marquez had a great case for even winning their first bout despite getting knocked down three times in the first round. The third is considered a wholesale robbery by most.
Some people actually know, it's really annoying to see some of these MMA guys pretend to know Boxing storylines.

Now that Izzy was able to get 1 win out 4 attempts vs Alex, Izzy will beg for the UFC to force Alex to move to 205 ensuring that he will never face again just in case Alex beats him again

He didn't say that. He said Alex would have to beat everyone this time and earn the title shot and he does not think he would be willing to do that in post fight press conference.

He got a rematch cause he was a dominant champ

Also said he will be a problem there

Adesanya probably doesn’t want his whole career to be about 1 guy. I can see from his point of view why he wants to fight new opponents. A rematch can always happen at a later date.

Literally...
<36>

4 tries to beat Alex and then when he finally wins one he doesn't want to give him a rematch.

The guy that has all the charity given to him in the world - home town refs, fast tracked to a title shot, saved by the bell only barely gets it done late in the 5th

Vs the most active champ in UFC history, 7 title defenses, welcomed the challenge of Periera

And who just stone cold KO'd him with ZERO charity, so bad it made Alex's kids cry

you think he deserves an immediate title rematch?

Shertards......

If Alex is any good he can climb his way back up, but we both know he's a one dimensional guy who Izzy made, bought in, and now ended. Its over for Alex.

Fluke win?

<Huh2>

Back