Its questionable whether Khamzat can be champion

Nous

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I think it is time to be real, Khamzat got some sort of cardio issue. I don't know whether its damage to his lunges from his battle with covid, or his broken nose from his childhood, or the combination of the two, but his cardio is not that good. He seems to have cardio for one round, and thats it.

Not saying he can't be champion with that. I could potentially see him submit Strickland in 1 round. But it is far from clear that it would go his way. Moreover, I think he would probably lose against with like Whittaker or Dricus, because they have really good takedown defence and really good grappling, and significantly better cardio.

Just a fast Twitch guy is all. At least he didn't drag in 2 and 3 but what a difference, huh?
I mean, he's human. Some of us liked to imagine he was superhuman.
Mad respect to Usman.
Zhat's striking was disappointing. Usman is hittable and hurtable.

I almost hate to say Usman comes out looking better.

But Zhat will ragdoll Strickland.

Dricus, Whittaker, and Strickland KO him.

They once announced Khamzat's weight on the scale in Abu Dhabi as 166 lbs. If they can get a scale that says Khamzat weighs 155, he could be champ.

He could definitely lay and pray Strickland for 5 rounds.

Just a fast Twitch guy is all. At least he didn't drag in 2 and 3 but what a difference, huh?
I mean, he's human. Some of us liked to imagine he was superhuman.
Mad respect to Usman.
Zhat's striking was disappointing. Usman is hittable and hurtable.

I almost hate to say Usman comes out looking better.

But Zhat will ragdoll Strickland.

You didn't get the memo that he was human when a LW Gilbert Burns beat the hell out of him?

"Kamaru the former welterweight champion has the highest takedown defense percentage on the roster at 97.3%."

Good luck strickland

Considering how he slows down after round 1, yeah. I can see him beating Strickland, but Du Plessis seems like a nightmare matchup for him. Adesanya and Whittaker being so dangerous in the championship rounds also wouldn't bode well for him.

In some ways he's a bit like Chandler. He's extremely gifted but has poor cardio, pacing and fights too emotionally. I think he over trains at 100mph too.

I think it is time to be real, Khamzat got some sort of cardio issue. I don't know whether its damage to his lunges from his battle with covid, or his broken nose from his childhood, or the combination of the two, but his cardio is not that good. He seems to have cardio for one round, and thats it.

Not saying he can't be champion with that. I could potentially see him submit Strickland in 1 round. But it is far from clear that it would go his way. Moreover, I think he would probably lose against with like Whittaker or Dricus, because they have really good takedown defence and really good grappling, and significantly better cardio.

Agreed.

Khamzat = Front-Runner

H will never beat truly tough, 185ers in 5-Rounders.

I think he should've tried to stick to welterweight and fought Usman there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back