Its time for machida to hang them up

Have him fight Bisping then either retire or take rematches against Rua and maybe Dan. Vitor would still be a cool fight too.

Ask Mark Hunt and Arlovski if there's ever any hope of coming back from back-to-back-to-back losses late in their careers.

I think that his age is proving to be too much of a disadvantage since his style depends too much on speed and agility, two things that often seem to fade with age faster than strength or power.

For sure his days of contending with top 5 fighters successfully are over. I think Machida has enough sense to realize that it is time to have one more fight with a mid tier fighter and then leave. The only issue would be if he has a sort of deep psychological addiction to fighting, which could require intervention.

Machida is in his prime, he said that, and he was very confident before his last fights.
the competition has gotten much better, that's the difference.

Machida is in his prime, he said that, and he was very confident before his last fights.
the competition has gotten much better, that's the difference.

He is 37 years old and has had 29 pro fights, that is not being in your prime by any stretch of the imagination. He was in his physical prime from 2007 to 2009. Is Yoel Romero that much better than some of the guys he has fought before, i.e. Bader, Evans, Henderson, Mousassi, well I am not so sure about that, maybe but most likely not that much better.

Ask Mark Hunt and Arlovski if there's ever any hope of coming back from back-to-back-to-back losses late in their careers.

That is a totally different situation, they are not dependent on being as physically agile and quick the way Machida is. They are freak circumstances and do not make for good examples for any non HW MMA fighter to follow.

I would like to see him win one more fight. his chin is shot though so whatever he chooses to do I respect at this point

Back