It's time to talk about Gis.

For judo, I have a Mizuno Shiai and a Fushida Icon. I like both of them, especially knowing that they're indestructible.

I've owned a lot of gis, but I think I'm just going to stick with Redstar for as long as they're around. Reasonable price point, best fit for me and very durable.

What was the Isami you liked? I feel like I've been sleeping on them.

IamnotJonFitch, have you thought about getting a size up and then shrinking it down? That's kind of where I am right now.

IamnotJonFitch, have you thought about getting a size up and then shrinking it down? That's kind of where I am right now.

I'm 5'10 185 pounds. I'm always in that in between A2 and A3. I just go A3 and shrink the hell out of it.

You know, I've worn two A3 coats and they genuinely seem to be perfect for me. Maybe a tiny bit tight in my gut, but my gut is generally the first bit of fat to go when I'm training as much as I will be this year.

I'm a diminutive 5'7", but my big shoulders and chest seem to even out the coat nicely and there's no bagginess.

That said, I'm always willing to try new things.

My friend designs these gis. They're really nice, durable and light weight. He does a lot of work for other gi companies.

loyalbjj.com

A really good gi is from Custom Kimonos. You can get any weave you want for very cheap and even customize it the way you want.

What do you guys think of the really thin Karate like weave (I'm not sure the name of the weave)?

I have the older Fuji Kassen and the tatami estilo 4.0 and 5.0s. The Fuji fits me best, it has that tailor cut feel to it while the tatami is a bit baggier and stretchy when it's wet. I Think I'm gonna buy another Fuji gi, has anybody here ever rolled in either the Fuji sekai or the suparito??

i have a suparaito. i love it. i feel like i'm floating when i wear it because it's so light, although because of its weight feels like it's going to rip at any minute. also the lapel overlaps alot.

i would recommend it though, highly.

i have a suparaito. i love it. i feel like i'm floating when i wear it because it's so light, although because of its weight feels like it's going to rip at any minute. also the lapel overlaps alot.

i would recommend it though, highly.

I will check it out, thanks for the recommendation.

I always regretted missing out on one of these: http://thegreengi.com/

I do have a hemp gi, it's great. I'm a pessadissimo and found even at 5'10" I need an A4 Tatami jacket and A3 pants but some stores will sell you mixed sizes so tht's good.

My friend designs these gis. They're really nice, durable and light weight. He does a lot of work for other gi companies.

loyalbjj.com

Nice! I may actually pick one of these up.

My favorite gi is my a2l 93 brand hooks. I am 6'3 and 175 pounds. I like a more fitted gi and this fits like a glove.

5 best gi's in my 5 gi rotation!

Shoyoroll, Shoyoroll, shoyoroll, shoyoroll.... And Shoyoroll ...

I spits hot fire... Dylon!

(Chappelle show reference)

I'm a gameness guy myself...I own a competition gi, a pearl weave, and an air. Had the competition and pearl weave for years, they're the only gis I've owned for that long that haven't shrunk over time. I'm 5'11, 185 and the A3 always fit me just about perfect out of the bag. I've owned ouano, century, and toro gis, as well as standard Fuji judo gis...for just general training, I'd highly recommend the Fuji Sports USA Judo single weave gi (if you're an American and like to rock that...) it's a single weave, but quite durable, looks fantastic, and costs $69. The double weave is $120, but if you are going to spend that much, I'd recommend a koral or gameness and get a better BJJ cut.

I buy most of my gis from the guys over at cagesidemma.com , fast shipping, easy to work with, and returns are a snap if needed.

I have been rolling for the past 15 years and my HCK gi is finally starting to give. It's my favorite gi. My second favorite gi is Padilla and Sons. The summer gi that I use is an old Vulkan gi. It was the lightest gi on the market during that time.

I have several new ones as of late.

Fuji Sekai
Fuji Suparaito
Ronin Imperial
Scramble Athlete
Isami
Toraki
Tatami Tank

Judo gis:
Mizuno Shiai
Toraki
Fuji
Adidas

I really like my gis.

look into Kingz Kimonos...i've used gameness, syr, and breakpoint. Kingz is by far my favorite kimono. I've got their Ripstop 420v2...absolutely love it, and will buy another when it's time. their price is great as well.

Back