I've developed a bad habit and can't shake it

I've recently developed an incredibly stupid habit I can't shake as well.

I will sit down, and after a while my right knee starts to hurt.
It's because, -and this is really frustrating because it's so dumb- I angle my right foot so the toe points away to the side and my kneecap begins to protest.

I put my foot in that position without realizing it, and I'm gonna fuck up my knee because of it, and all because I don't pay attention to it

You have just started paying attention to it .. you are cured ..

You have just started paying attention to it .. you are cured ..
Nope!

It's been going on for some time; it's a natural thing for me to do, it must feel comfortable at first for me to set it that way unconsciously.

Nope!

It's been going on for some time; it's a natural thing for me to do, it must feel comfortable at first for me to set it that way unconsciously.

So you have been paying attention to it .. but youre not doing anything about even though you admit its causing you problems.,.. i think youre heading into the territory of self sabotage .. i would seek help it could get worse.. like suicide

I took some of the hairs to a lab and had them analyzed. The guy at the lab had trouble identifying them, facePuncher. He finally came to the conclusion that they were definitely not human. In fact, very likely insect hairs.

So you have been paying attention to it .. but youre not doing anything about even though you admit its causing you problems.,.. i think youre heading into the territory of self sabotage .. i would seek help it could get worse.. like suicide
...seems drastic but what the hell, I'll do it

I've started unconsciously pulling out facial hair, be it from my beard, moustache or sometimes even eye brows.

It's like I'll be focused on something else like work and be sitting there plucking out hairs, it's retarded. It's like I'll find out that is not of uniform length with the rest and remove it, repeat.

Didn't think too much of it until one day I looked in the mirror and there was a noticeable strip about 5mm wide missing from my moustache.

I don't recall when this habit started but I think it was within the last 2 years. Initially thought it was tied to stress but think I've ruled that out now.. can't seem to stop doing it, I legit don't notice I'm doing it until 10-20 hairs are gone.

PLS help
I do this.... with my eyebrow, nose, chest, groin, and asshole hair.

I've started unconsciously pulling out facial hair, be it from my beard, moustache or sometimes even eye brows.

It's like I'll be focused on something else like work and be sitting there plucking out hairs, it's retarded. It's like I'll find out that is not of uniform length with the rest and remove it, repeat.

Didn't think too much of it until one day I looked in the mirror and there was a noticeable strip about 5mm wide missing from my moustache.

I don't recall when this habit started but I think it was within the last 2 years. Initially thought it was tied to stress but think I've ruled that out now.. can't seem to stop doing it, I legit don't notice I'm doing it until 10-20 hairs are gone.

PLS help
If you're still in thailand, give out moustache rides.

To trannies.

Pre-op.

I used to do this years ago but eventually stopped, idk why but it feels good

Cognitive behavioral therapy is the only long term solution I’ve heard of for your condition.

Last edited:
Trichotillomania @facePuncher7

Common issue. Co-worker of mine used to do it, his solution was just to shave off all his facial hair and shave his head. Typically need some sort of therapy to reverse it, as it’s akin to OCD. Look up some ways to reverse the habit online, I’m sure you can kick it since it’s a new issue for you.

You could also grow facial hair like a testosterone laden man, and stop growing out your whispy Chicano hipster mustache which only take a few hairs missing to be noticeably thinned out.

Trichotillomania, I vow to defeat this condition, with good humor and frequent distraction.

Thankyou once again Sherdog MD

i have dermotillomania, had it for decades and know for a fact it gets worse when i get stressed.

Could be worse. If you don't have a lifelong habit of nervous ticks, it's probably a passing thing, a harmless coping mechanism while you're going through something.

Children need to learn about racial harmony bro. If only they could pixelate the crying white dude out because kids gets mixed signals from that shit. They can learn how crying white dudes are a good thing from tumblr when they're 10 or something
Truth!

Back