Ive never actually punched someone before

punch-sign-fail-gif-1146216.gif

Punched my dad in the face when I was 6. Still have his look of shock and disappointment seared into my brain. Also rabbit punched a kid in math class for stealing my calculator during a timed test when I was about 14.

Haven't thrown since and neither was satisfying.

I've punched my brothers. I've punched kids after school. I've punched strangers. I've punched people in sparring. I've punched people over women and over money.

It's over-rated but I still say "Do it."

Also...I have been punched in all of the above situations...not as fun.:(

I can't immagine my self punching some one hard these days. I am a weak puncher anyway.

Last time I punch some one I was in High School.

Last time I was in a fight I am in college I just elbowed his face because I dont want my hands hurt.

I don't understand how a man can live life and not get into at least one fight before he becomes an adult.

we used to get in fights at the bus stop all the time.

As an adult though, I have never had to punch someone.

I used to work downtown and had to throw drunk people out of a bar, but even then they usually went calmly. I you're that drunk in downtown Austin to where you stand out, you aren't fighting shit. They'll act like they want to fight and then just apologize once you get them in a headlock.

True story, a co-worker playfully lunged at me once as was touched with teh jab by accident.

Rape awareness class has made my reflexes deadly...

You'll be fine if you master this technique. You'll lay that fool out flat!

ronda-rousey-terrible-boxing-2.gif

A robust bulldyke beating the air with her great arms.

wouldnotquarrelwith/10

I want to know what it's like but I dont necessarily want to get into a street fight.

I always thought it would be cool to go on a first date and have someone run up on me only to KO them in front of my date.

My grandfather is always going on about my firm handshake and he insists thats what makes a man. I feel like a firm grip would translate to big punching power. Defenitly not going to try and start a fight but if someone tries to punk me I am going to swing on them.

Tldr - never punched someone.. looking forward to it one day.

The 13 in your username is your age, evidently.

Not worth it.
And I would not recommend it at all.
I have a permanent scar on and a metal plate in my right hand courtesy of punching one too many people. It's called a boxer break.
Hands are delicate instruments for grasping and working with, not for punching shit.

Which is why boxing gloves were invented to protect the hand, not the face.

There is no honor on the streets anymore. Punch someone and one of the following things happens:

1. His friends jump in, stomp you to death, then all laugh and high 5 each other because they're so badass and tough.

2. He falls down. Fight over. Then he presses criminal charges AND civil charges, your lawyer negotiates the criminal charges down but you still have to plea guilty to something and probably do a little time or probation that stays on your record, and the civil case costs you a shit load of time and money even if you end up winning.

3. You injure yourself somehow. Either by breaking your hand (which is very common, especially to someone who's not used to punching things/people) or by cutting your hand on his teeth and getting hep C, AIDS, etc.

4. Your punch doesn't KO him, he ends up kicking your ass in some unique and humiliating fashion, which of course 30 people capture on video, and now you're the viral sensation that everyone's laughing at for the rest of your life.

if you want to punch someone, put the gloves on and make it sporting. Otherwise nothing good comes out of it.

Same for kids.

If picked on at school, do not throw a punch (even in self defense), the puncher will be seen at fault no matter what.

Until your hand swells....then it sucks.

This I punched this guy who cheap shifted my brother and his head was huge. Well, the guy was 6'4. Lol. And my hand was hurt for about a month.

I've punched a lot of ppl. I don't wanna again.

Well I've traded arm punches many times, but that doesn't count. I got into a fist fight when I was like 10, but that's too young to even count. When I was 17 I had a kid try to bully me & I snapped on him & literally turned his head into a punching bag. I just remember his head bouncing off fist over & over again. I must've punched him 20+ times in the exact same spot. Good chance I gave him brain damage. It felt absolutely amazing despite shattering 3 metacarpals in my right hand. My bones were almost protruding though my skin yet I continued to bash the kids face in. It was such an adrenaline rush that I had no idea my hand even broke. I actually felt amazing afterwards. That was my first time snapping into violent rage. I swear if it was on video, my fist would like the human equivalent of a jack hammer

Until your hand swells....then it sucks.
My hand literally swelled up like a boxing glove lol I shattered 3 bones so bad I had to have pins put in & i was in a cast for 6 weeks. All worth it though

You're on an mma forum. The thought of joining a gym doesn't seem like the correct answer?

My dad always taught me....it doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as you break his nose and leave as many marks as you can. I tried to live by that advice as best as I could. That's why a simple straight right is my go to.

I'm 29 and I haven't punched anybody since I was 17. I don't think I even know how to anymore. I used to be a hot-headed kid, even feared in primary school, but now that I'm older I'm as mild as an 80 year old.

It's kind of gross actually

Back