I've noticed something about sports fans and steroids.

But they would have to do more than whats "safe" to make any kind of real difference in performance. Unless you're past your prime and old, then whats safe will make a difference. Believe me I know, I'm on TRT legally and I got jacked with a quickness (my levels were super low). My back won't allow me to work out any more so now i'm just bloated. lol
Is there still the cancer issue with that?

My only legit takeaway from this thread is that a lot of MMA fans don't follow professional sports outside of MMA, at all. Not even in the periphery, like flipping on sportscenter once in a while. And yet, in that all too familiar social media fashion, they feel perfectly qualified to blather on about shit they've genuinely just imagined to be true.

My only legit takeaway from this thread is that a lot of MMA fans don't follow professional sports outside of MMA, at all. Not even in the periphery, like flipping on sportscenter once in a while. And yet, in that all too familiar social media fashion, they feel perfectly qualified to blather on about shit they've genuinely just imagined to be true.

You nailed the ethos of most Sherdoggers.

<PlusJuan>

not sure if you're actually serious, but baseball had just a litttttttttttttttttle bit of a scandal. it was kind of obscure and slipped through the cracks, since it only resulted in congressional hearings and all...

point being, everyone with more than 4 brain cells should know that PEDs are rampant in pro sportsball, same as fighting and the most extreme of all sports - cycling.

thats the point of this thread. sports fans that arent fans of combat sports are completely oblivious about the topic.
Ask your sportsfan friends that dont watch MMA or Boxing if think think the athletes in the NBA NFL or MLB are clean or on steroids. You'll be surprised.

I ask them... so you're telling me that Lebron isn't on steroids..."he isnt..." is their reaction

They think because no one ever gets caught (except for a couple guys like ARod which is enough to let people think... "oh so they do do drug tests") that no one is on steroids. Hell, even most of sherdog was like this before USADA.

Not sure if you're referring to me but I do follow sports other then MMA.

Answer me these questions:
What % of fighters are on roids?
Do you think Lebron is on roids?

The more important question is why would anybody who enjoys sports be against athletes (who are entertainers) using the best medicine and technology that is available to stay healthy and continue to perform at a professional level?
Exactly, give me the most bang for my buck, and at the same time they can train and recover without feeling like absolute dog shit most of the time.

The more important question is why would anybody who enjoys sports be against athletes (who are entertainers) using the best medicine and technology that is available to stay healthy and continue to perform at a professional level?

Well I'm against it because the talented clean athletes who are good enough to make it (if everyone was clean) wont make it because the roided ones push ahead of them.

But from an entertainment standpoint, I definitely agree with your point.

fighting is different though because someone could die from this shit.

Last edited:
Not sure if you're referring to me but I do follow sports other then MMA.

Answer me these questions:
What % of fighters are on roids?
Do you think Lebron is on roids?

Yes.

As a strength coach I had the opportunity to work with all levels of athlete and there are natural limits to even the most gifted athlete. What we see in most professional sports is usually above the normal threshold.

thats the point of this thread. sports fans that arent fans of combat sports are completely oblivious about the topic.
Ask your sportsfan friends that dont watch MMA or Boxing if think think the athletes in the NBA NFL or MLB are clean or on steroids. You'll be surprised.

I ask them... so you're telling me that Lebron isn't on steroids..."he isnt..." is their reaction

They think because no one ever gets caught (except for a couple guys like ARod which is enough to let people think... "oh so they do do drug tests") that no one is on steroids. Hell, even most of sherdog was like this before USADA.
Also in the NFL, NBA etc you normally won’t hear about suspensions unless it’s a big name or a multiple violation.

Yes.

As a strength coach I had the opportunity to work with all levels of athlete and there are natural limits to even the most gifted athlete. What we see in most professional sports is usually above the normal threshold.

My thoughts exactly

The idea that PEDs should be legalised is moronic tbh.

You’re picturing a utopia where we legalise PEDs and UFC fighters have full access to the latest gear and the best medical care available, ensuring everything is great. That in itself is out of the question while steroids remain illegal, often produced in underground labs or accessed via prescription only, and loads of UFC fighters make shit money.

But then look at what happens when it filters down. What do you think happens if the top guys openly take gear and are encouraged to do so? The guys aspiring to be the top guys take gear, the guys aspiring to be those guys take gear....all the way down to amateur level MMA shows where you have guys shoving needles in their ass with no health supervision whatsoever. It’s hugely irresponsible and a disaster waiting to happen. Ultimately you want sport to be about who is the best clean athlete, not which athlete has access to the best chemist and lab team. The UFC bringing in USADA is a brilliant move even if it means your favourite fighter being busted for being a career cheat.

The idea that PEDs should be legalised is moronic tbh.

You’re picturing a utopia where we legalise PEDs and UFC fighters have full access to the latest gear and the best medical care available, ensuring everything is great. That in itself is out of the question while steroids remain illegal, often produced in underground labs or accessed via prescription only, and loads of UFC fighters make shit money.

But then look at what happens when it filters down. What do you think happens if the top guys openly take gear and are encouraged to do so? The guys aspiring to be the top guys take gear, the guys aspiring to be those guys take gear....all the way down to amateur level MMA shows where you have guys shoving needles in their ass with no health supervision whatsoever. It’s hugely irresponsible and a disaster waiting to happen. Ultimately you want sport to be about who is the best clean athlete, not which athlete has access to the best chemist and lab team. The UFC bringing in USADA is a brilliant move even if it means your favourite fighter being busted for being a career cheat.

agreed completely

No? I can't tell if you're serious or not, especially when taking your name into account. Ha
Yeah that time I was because my friend was looking into getting on TRT but the doc warned him he may get prostate cancer later on.

Yeah that time I was because my friend was looking into getting on TRT but the doc warned him he may get prostate cancer later on.
Didn't know that, my Dr never said anything except that my test results were really low. The exact word he used was "wow". I could tell It was crazy low because the urge was all but gone. But no, he acted like it was completely safe. I'm gonna ask him during my next appointment here shortly and let you know what he says. I'm 45 and he's been my Dr all my life.

Back