Media Izzy explains his erratic post fight antics

Not really lol. One person brought it up and insisted on pressing the issue and wont leave it alone. I feel strongly by doing so it became a complicated matter.
It was a complicated matter well before anyone spoke about it.

It was a complicated matter well before anyone spoke about it.
It wasn’t a complicated matter in mma until someone decided to keep speaking on it. Not at all. Which is why it is pretty shitty to do. Being as the only reason Africa and mma are being used in the same sentence is due to the champs that turned the focus to Africa

Only one of them will bring the belt back to Africa if they win.
Pretty stupid narrative. Izzy's belt has been to Africa, as has Usman's and Ngannou's. DDP was just straight up wrong on that one

This is just wild.

Imagine Gane and Vettori arguing, who is more European…
Well, being European vs being African is pretty different for historical reasons. Normally, continental identification would just be childish, but national identification is pretty meaningless in Africa from an ethnic/tribal/lineage perspective

Last edited:
You're not very smart as expected : he could have dutch ancestors from his maternal and paternal side and still have a french surname.

But it's to difficult for you to understand, so hence why you're speaking nonsense.

He could also have Zulu ancestors. See Mike Perry.

It wasn’t a complicated matter in mma until someone decided to keep speaking on it. Not at all. Which is why it is pretty shitty to do. Being as the only reason Africa and mma are being used in the same sentence is due to the champs that turned the focus to Africa
Personally…. I can’t wait until the human species fucks so much that we all look Hawaiian(roughly, I’d think). That way we can completely see ourselves as the same, as one. And race no longer can be used as a method to divide us.

But something tells me I might be waiting awhile
<Fedor23>

Adesanya tried to say Whittaker wasn’t a New Zealnder because he lived in Australia, even though Rob was born in NZ and his mom is Māori from there.

Adesanya this is a hypocrite to get mad at this.
Izzys argument for that is that Rob specifically said at some point that he's not representing NZ and is representing Australia, so he chose only one while Izzy has always represented both countries of his life

Having said that, it sounds like absolute bullshit

Izzys argument for that is that Rob specifically said at some point that he's not representing NZ and is representing Australia, so he chose only one while Izzy has always represented both countries of his life

Having said that, it sounds like absolute bullshit
It was definitely bs and Izzy was trash talking.
But you are right that Izzy does try to pay homage to Nigeria AND New Zealand. And that's despite the fact the sherdoggers try to claim Israel doesn't.

DDP's family is of French descent, not Dutch. How does the Dutch colonization of SA matter?
You don't know Dricus' ancestry, you only know he had french ancestors from his parternal side and you also don't know anything about his mother.
To be fair, my surname is technically French and I'm zero percent French, though I think that's more of an American immigration thing. Still, don't know enough to say it can't have been a South African immigration thing

It was agricultural land that two tribes were using, so that's not entirely accurate
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Cape_Colony#Khoena_and_Sān_of_the_Cape

Interesting, I knew there were native tribes nearby and the Dutch usually went for the trading approach instead of the violence approach. Didn't know about this little detail. So apparently the Dutch settled there and these dudes came to this place once a year and were upset when they saw the settlement.

To be fair, my surname is technically French and I'm zero percent French, though I think that's more of an American immigration thing. Still, don't know enough to say it can't have been a South African immigration thing

His ancestors moved to SA from France after experiencing religious persecution.

Personally…. I can’t wait until the human species fucks so much that we all look Hawaiian(roughly, I’d think). That way we can completely see ourselves as the same, as one. And race no longer can be used as a method to divide us.

But something tells me I might be waiting awhile
<Fedor23>

Something else would replace race when this happens

humans are great with things like that

Interesting, I knew there were native tribes nearby and the Dutch usually went for the trading approach instead of the violence approach. Didn't know about this little detail. So apparently the Dutch settled there and these dudes came to this place once a year and were upset when they saw the settlement.
Yeah, pretty much. I mean, can't fault either side there (imagine you settle down somewhere and someone pops up like 'hey, this is my summer home. I've been using this"), but that is pretty much how old territorial conflict works.

Something else would replace race when this happens

humans are great with things like that
I've always said you can take every major identifying difference away until we're killing each other over ridiculous arguments like Coke vs Pepsi.

Ridiculous cuz Coke is clearly better. The fuck are some of you people thinking with that blue bullshit?

"Gbo gbo yin ma ku", in the promos, DDP is gonna say Izzy had to go on Google translate to come up with this

DDP started that real africans bullshit. He knew what he was doing. .
So, you believe everything the media tells you?
Pretty stupid narrative. Izzy's belt has been to Africa, as has Usman's and Ngannou's. DDP was just straight up wrong on that one
A trip, vs living there. Pretty big difference

Back