Izzy has iron chin

It was a boring round though so it should have been 10-10.

Also did you see the leg kicks Izzy landed in round 3?

They did way more damage and actually made Izzy win round 4 as well.

I didn't score the other rounds, and perhaps don't even understand that round scores add together to determine an eventual fight winner, but it was a clear win for Izzy and embarrassing for Romero.

Romero didn't do anything all fight. Izzy was never rocked or really even hit at all.

Doesn't look like it lands with the knuckles. Not a KO punch

Yeah the forehead is one of the thickest parts of the skull second from the top of the cranium I believe, If you have to take a big shot to the head the forehead/orbital area will absorb it better than a side swipe to the lower half of the dome ie Chinny chin chin..

Still, A bomb from Romero is a bomb from Romero, and a 1st round one at that...
Izzy is proven to be hittable, but his undefeated record and last few fights show me he got a solid chin... He's not exactly a huge middleweight either.. Costa fight will be interesting, and his chin will absolutely be tested like never before in that one..

A punch doesn't land better than this:

It just doesn't. ANd you are not suppose to wake up from it. Game over, that is what it was suppose to be. Izzy is getting by these exchanges on pure chin.

Enjoy his iron chin era, cause in the future he will turn into Chuck Liddel too, like the rest of em.

How the hell does that small head and mini jaw pack such a powerful chin. If I head to guess a fighter's chin based on his looks I'd give Izzy's small jaw a chin of 2/10. So far he is proven 10/10.

His head is actually not small at all, and he he got hit on the temple

Nope.

Luke took it on the TEMPLE, Izzy took it to the forehead.
Temple / ear / jaw areas are KO areas, the forehead is not.

FatalVigilantChinchilla-size_restricted.gif
Compared to the punch Luke ate, the one that izzy ate was also much more of a arm punch, whereas the one Luke got hit with had way more torque from the upper body in it.
@Hirashin

Compared to the punch Luke ate, the one that izzy ate was also much more of a arm punch, whereas the one Luke got hit with had way more torque from the upper body in it.
@Hirashin
That's TWO major differences now.
Thanks for your input, Ironnik.

It just doesn't. ANd you are not suppose to wake up from it. Game over, that is what it was suppose to be. Izzy is getting by these exchanges on pure chin.

Enjoy his iron chin era, cause in the future he will turn into Chuck Liddel too, like the rest of em.

How the hell does that small head and mini jaw pack such a powerful chin. If I head to guess a fighter's chin based on his looks I'd give Izzy's small jaw a chin of 2/10. So far he is proven 10/10.

I hate to break it to you, as others already have, but that punch:
A) landed on the crest of the brow-ridge: literally the best place/hardest place to get hit in the head, and
B) The overhand thrown by Yoel had just left the "wind-up" stage, i.e., if Israel would have been a couple inches further back it could have been a decapitator. . . could have. . .

Yeah the forehead is one of the thickest parts of the skull second from the top of the cranium I believe, If you have to take a big shot to the head the forehead/orbital area will absorb it better than a side swipe to the lower half of the dome ie Chinny chin chin..

Still, A bomb from Romero is a bomb from Romero, and a 1st round one at that...
Izzy is proven to be hittable, but his undefeated record and last few fights show me he got a solid chin... He's not exactly a huge middleweight either.. Costa fight will be interesting, and his chin will absolutely be tested like never before in that one..
It landed on the orbital bone, not on the forehead. Major difference.
It looks like full power over head hook, def not an arm punch.
Iron chin.

I agree, izz seems to have granite chin but using that as evidence is weak. He missed THEE mark by a few inches.

Yoel's power is overrated when he isn't landing flush on broken chins

It just doesn't.

Yeah they do, they can land a lot better. That hit Izzy on a higher part of his face and Yoel's hand was sideways, he didn't catch all knuckles cleanly.

This one landed better:

HelplessPastelBushbaby-size_restricted.gif

As did this:

r4d4jblrhjyz.gif
[/QUOTE]

It isn't easy to knock someone out with forehead punch my man lol.

Iron chin?

Pereira disagrees.

Pereira has some of the most dangerous hands in all of kickboxing right now and a vicious left hook. He would literally knock out any UFC fighter in a striking match. Having an iron chin doesn't mean it's impossible to be knocked out.

Back